Did you add the JBoss Portlets | JBoss Core Portlet facet to your dynamic web project?
Also, I had to go to Windows | Preferences | JBoss Tools | JBoss Portlets, and uncheck the â€œCheck Runtimes for Portlet Componentsâ€� option before the JBoss Portlet facet was selectable.
Wow, I like the translation for the open and closed quote symbols. ;-)
Thanks for the reply I appreciate it. This morning I started over from scratch re-installing eclipse. I then through the Update Manager (my preferred method for installs) added the JBoss Tools and BIRT Update site. These were the instructions listed on the JBoss Tools Install page. When I click the Install button it indicates that Software Selections may be invalid. The following is what is provided in the details section:
Cannot complete the request. See the details.
Cannot find a solution satisfying the following requirements
I am not really sure what is missing. I think once I find this it should be all set. Do you know what this is or where I can get it?
Thanks again for the reply!
I can never figure out what I need to install based on the errro messages that the Eclipse updater provides. I guess if I knew the ins and outs of the OSGi configuration of all the Eclipse modules, I could figure it out.
I know that when I install JBoss Tools, I always get an error like this. I think what I did was unclicked "JBoss BIRT Integration" and the error went away. Then the install went without any problems.
Thanks again for the info. So I finally got it all installed and working; here is what I did. As you suggested I disabled the "JBoss BIRT Integration" and tried to install. I still got a dependency issues this time with the JBoss TPTP (some testing plugin). So I disabled that as well and the install worked fine. I was able to use the JBoss Tools. Curiosity got the best of me and I was determined to get the TPTP and BIRT parts installed. I figured out what TPTP needed (it was just a dependency in the ganymede release) so I got that working. Then I was trying to get the details of the BIRT failure so all I checked was the JBoss BIRT Integration and hit install. Turns out it worked! I am assuming that something needed to already be installed from the JBoss package for it to work. I am 99.9% sure I didn't have anything else checked. I may do a re-install tomorrow for the heck of it. Anyhow I am psyched that I got it all working. Thanks for the information you provided; it was a big help!