1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2006 4:07 PM by zurchman

Configuring web services in Jboss 3.0.8

hassanm

Hi, we have Jboss 3.0.8 with tomcat 4.1.24, with jdk 1.4. Due to many reasons we can not upgrade our system to later versions of Jboss and jdk, hence we have to use what we have. Now I been trying to make a web service in it, I can not find a way to do so. JBossWS is good for Jboss 4.x or higher. I tried axis2, but since its a war file, and our application is in ear file, our application runs, and does not let anything in tomcat run. Can someone please suggest a way to make and consume web services in this scenario?
      Thanks

• 1. Re: Configuring web services in Jboss 3.0.8
          zurchman

JBossWS is good for Jboss 4.x or higher.

The Web service engine for 3.2.x was JBoss.NET. I have successfully deployed trivial Web services using it with JBoss 3.2.7.

JBoss.NET has its own forum.

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewforum&f=137

I tried axis2, but since its a war file, and our application is in ear file, our application runs, and does not let anything in tomcat run.

You should be able to deploy both .war and .ear files, but you could have run into any number of problems deploying Axis, and as I'm sure you know, 3.0.8 is very old.

JBoss.NET is deployed as a .sar.

And as for postponing your upgrade, you are probably not doing yourself any favors. We found that the reliability of our application improved tremendously once we got to JBoss 3.2.7.