12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2008 8:04 AM by donato.brito2

JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)

jason.greene

Here is a quick overview, please review the full docs here:
      http://jbws.dyndns.org/mediawiki/index.php/JAX-WS_User_Guide#Tools

• 1. Re: JBossWS 1.2.x Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wscons
          sdwfxsf

How to use the wsconsume tool?I can't open the links you write.Could you speek in detail?Thanks.

• 2. Re: JBossWS 1.2.x Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wscons

Example:

wsconsume.sh -k -s src/ http://myContext/myService?wsdl

where:

-k : keep artifact sources from deletion
            -s: source folder

Bye

• 3. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
              zeoliverft

which jars are mandatory to use the wsconsume ant task ?

I have read in the build.xml of a sample inside JbossWS : core.classpath, jbossws.classpath, and many other jars...

Are they all mandatory ?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                rocken7

Here is an idea: why not put the required server version somewhere on the wsconsume docs?

Man, I spent like an hour trying to find wsconsume b/c I have jboss-4.0.5.GA and it only ships in later versions ...

The whole jboss ouvre of docs is so messed up with no sense of version unless of course you wanna rebuild the server with a ton of little objects and their proper version matrices.

Jboss is free to free up your wasted time on bad docs.

• 5. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                  shrikantmulik

I tried to use wsconsume from JBossWS Native 2.0.1 GA binary distribution. It gives following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/wsf/spi/tools/cmd/WSConsume

This could be due to classpath setting but is there a need to explicitly set the classpath for running this tool?

Related details are as follows:

JDK: 1.5.0_12
                  Folder: jbossws-native-2.0.1.GA\bin

Hoping for a quick reply!

Shrikant

• 6. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                    thomas.diesler

http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-1793

The missing class would be in jbossws-spi.jar

• 7. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                      francesco.zen

None of these links work!
                      Please, where can I find some documentation for wstools?
                      At least a dtd for the wstools configuration file, which points to
                      http://www.jboss.org/jbossws-tools but is missing at that url.
                      How can I generate artifacts for more than one SEI at a time?
                      It was said to be fixed in the JIRA...

• 8. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                        richard_opalka

Take a look here:

http://labs.jboss.com/jbossws/docs/jaxws_userguide-2.0/index.html

PS: Next time create a new post, please.

Richard Opalka

• 9. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)

HI,

I have set jbossws-spi.jar in the classpath. Still i am getting NoClassDefFoundError for WSConsume class. I am using 2.0.2 native GA. Please help me.

• 10. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                            jsolderitsch

I meant to post the following topic:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=126300

to this thread as a reply.

Instead it wound up as a separate topic in JBossWS.

Looking for advice and pointers.

• 11. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                              kosmos

To make wsconsume, wstools & wsprovide work without installing to jboss i had to do following:
                              1. create WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH, JBOSS_HOME and JAVA_HOME enviroment variables
                              2. edit wsconcume.bat strings 34-52 from

set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jboss-xml-binding.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/wstx.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/activation.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/javassist.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/getopt.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jaxb-api.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/stax-api.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jaxb-impl.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jaxb-xjc.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jaxws-rt.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jaxws-tools.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jbossws-spi.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jbossall-client.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jboss-saaj.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jboss-jaxrpc.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jboss-jaxws.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/jbossws-client.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/log4j.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/client/mail.jar

to
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jboss-xml-binding.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/wstx.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/activation.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/javassist.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/getopt.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jaxb-api.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/stax-api.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jaxb-impl.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jaxb-xjc.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jaxws-rt.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jaxws-tools.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jbossws-spi.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jbossall-client.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jboss-saaj.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jboss-jaxrpc.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jboss-jaxws.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/jbossws-client.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/log4j.jar
                              set WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH=%WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%;%JBOSS_HOME%/lib/mail.jar

(other *.bat in the same way)

P.S. Only after this NoClassDefFoundExeption disappeared
                              P.S.2. It's not good to use %WSCONSUME_CLASSPATH%, %WSPROVIDE_CLASSPATH%, %WSRUNCLIENT_CLASSPATH%, %WSTOOLS_CLASSPATH% variables, because all of them i have to create in the system enviroment! Mach better to use %WS_CLASSPATH% in all *.bat

• 12. Re: JBossWS Tools Overview (wstools, wsprovide, wsconsume)
                                donato.brito2

Hello people!

I think I´m little late, but here is my solution to this problem.
                                I´ve just installed JBossWS 2.0.2GA and following the user guide I´ve had the same problem.

To solve that, I looked in the .bat file and remove the line that contains
                                "set JBOSS_HOME=%DIRNAME%\.."

Before I removed that line I´d made a backup.

Because in my computer I´ve defined the JBOSS_HOME environment variable to the path where I´ve installed JBoss 4.2.2GA

Just doing that I removed the problem.

Well, that´s it, I´d like to help someone with the same problem.

See ya,

donato

PS: Sorry about my english

"shrikantmulik" wrote:
                                I tried to use wsconsume from JBossWS Native 2.0.1 GA binary distribution. It gives following error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/wsf/spi/tools/cmd/WSConsume

This could be due to classpath setting but is there a need to explicitly set the classpath for running this tool?

Related details are as follows:

JDK: 1.5.0_12
                                Folder: jbossws-native-2.0.1.GA\bin

Hoping for a quick reply!

Shrikant