2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2007 10:49 PM by garypinkham

WS with Seam 2.0...

garypinkham

Hoping to get some advice on what I might be doing wrong trying to add a web service to a seam app.

So for starters I'm running Seam 2.0GA with JBossWS 2.0.0GA on Jboss 4.2.0GA.

I created a Seam Web project using the jboss tools so I have three eclipse projects.. A Web, an EJB and an EAR. I used the wsconsume to produce the code for the service. I created a stub implementation of the service interface. I included this code in the ejb project. I also included the "standard-jaxws-endpoint-config.xml" file in the meta-inf directory of the ejb project.

These get deployed as an exploded jar under the exploded EAR in Jboss. The app starts fine (no errors) and runs fine as a Seam app.. But when i try localhost:8080/jbossws/services I see "There are currently no endpoints deployed".

I have tried numerous things including putting the service in the war instead of ejb jar. I don't see anything special mentioned in the Seam docs for hosting web services (but they do Java first).

My Service Interface class has:

@WebService(name = "TenantPortType", targetNamespace = "http://www.foos.com/saas/tenant/wsdl")
      @SOAPBinding(parameterStyle = SOAPBinding.ParameterStyle.BARE)
      public interface TenantPortType {

This looks ok (at least to me). Any suggestions on what/where I can look?

I created a web service in the past with Seam (but that was 2.0Beta and I did Java First and it was deployed as a War not an Ear..)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
      Thanks!

• 1. Re: WS with Seam 2.0...
          hugo_th02

Hi, garypinkham
          You should use seam-gen to create seam project then import it into eclipse, because it seems there's problem with jboss tools when creating seam ejb project. Or you can try the lastest build of jboss tools, but i've not tried yet...
          Hope this help...

Hugo.

• 2. Re: WS with Seam 2.0...
            garypinkham

"hugo_th02" wrote:
            Hi, garypinkham
            You should use seam-gen to create seam project then import it into eclipse, because it seems there's problem with jboss tools when creating seam ejb project. Or you can try the lastest build of jboss tools, but i've not tried yet...
            Hope this help...

Hugo.

Thanks.. I;'ll try that tomorrow. FYI.. I did use the latest JBoss Tools (nov 7th build). That seems to have created all the projects fine.. I reversed entities from the DB.. modified the authenticator etc.. All works fine.. I get the site up and running.. Just the Web Services have been an issue.. Anyways I think I'm going to switch it to a single WAR project.. I really don't need the EJBs for this experiment..

Gary