2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2005 12:32 PM by hr_stoyanov

JBoss 4.0.3RC1/2 out-of-the-box?

hr_stoyanov

Hi all-,
      Has anybody managed to get the JBoss 4.0.3RC2 or 4.0.3RC1. After I installed it (I tried both 4.0.3RC2 and EJB3.0RC1 on top of 4.0.2), I got these exceptions, right with the first run:
      -----------------------------------------------------------------
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url file:/C:/efe/local/jboss-4.0.2/server/efe/deploy/ejb3.deployer/log4j.jar could not be opened, does it exist?
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: url file:/C:/efe/local/jboss-4.0.2/server/efe/deploy/ejb3.deployer/log4j-core.jar could not be opened, does it exist?
      org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector; - nested throwable: (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector)
      -----------------------------------------------------------------

and then a whole bunch of related, deeply nested exceptions!

Has anyone solved these issues? Where can I find log4j-core.jar (I think I found a log4j.jar in the JBoss tree)? I have laready killed 2 hours of my time, fighting this ...

Does JBoss try the bundles at least once, before it puts them out for users?

• 1. Re: JBoss 4.0.3RC1/2 out-of-the-box?
          mistamoasn

try using jdk1.5. i got the same problem when using jdk1.4. after switching to the latest one, it works.

best regards
          patrik

• 2. Re: JBoss 4.0.3RC1/2 out-of-the-box?
            hr_stoyanov

Patrik,
            I use the latest JDK1.5, for sure. The problem is the missing LOG4J jars.
            I found a log4j.jar from another JBoss folder in their distro and copied it over to ..../deploy/ejb3.deployer. Now the first exception disappears, but the second, about log4j-core.jar kills me!

I downloaded the latest log4j package from Apache and it seems to be structured differently - there is no log4j-core.jar file inside.

Go figure!

Hristo