1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2007 4:26 AM by happytour

JBoss EJB 3.0 TrailBlazer doesn't seem to work for me

happytour

Greetings,

I'm starting using EJB 3 with JBoss 4.0.5GA and I deployed the EJB 3 TrailBlazer (EJBTrail.ear). I launced the browser and I went in the Message Driven Beans section. Here I pressed the "Try the message driven calculation" button, I accepted the default values in the Investment calculator windows and I pressed on the Calculate button. I got HTTP 500 saying "javax.naming.NameNotFoundException mdb not bound". This is true since I didn't deploy any queue named mdb. However, the same page is saying:

If the queue does not exist, the JBoss container automatically creates it at deploy time. There is no XML configuration file needed!

So I don't understand wether I have or not to explicitly deploy the queue.

Okay, I deployed the queue with the following service:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<server>
       <mbean code="org.jboss.mq.server.jmx.Queue"
       name="jboss.mq.destination:service=Queue,name=mdb">
       <depends optional-attribute-name="DestinationManager">jboss.mq:service=DestinationManager</depends>
       </mbean>
      </server>

After doing this, I got the following message in the console:

[mdb] Bound to JNDI name: queue/mdb

Now when I repeat the test and I click on the Calculate button, as described previously, I get the message:

Please wait a while, I am checking wether the message has arrived.

But the result is not displayed, meaning that the message didn't arrive. No error message is displayed in the server's console.

Could someone please explain how to get running this nice tutorial ?

Kind regards,

Nicolas

• 1. Re: JBoss EJB 3.0 TrailBlazer doesn't seem to work for me
          happytour

I'm following up my previous post. Looking in the server,log file I noticed

11:11:22,196 WARN [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.j2ee:service=EJB3,module=beans.jar
          java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/ejb/InvocationContext

Any suggestion ? I installed the server using jems-installer 1.2.0GA and I have chosen EJB3 config.

Many thanks in advance,

Nicolas