2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2008 7:12 PM by ron_sigal

unrecognized invoker locator

ecatum

Hi,
      I'm making an update of jboss remoting from 1.4.2 to 2.4.0.
      I find this link https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBWS-1134 which describe how to do it.

I ve made the update and connection between server and client using invoke() works fine. But I have a warning message each time I made connection between server and client :

10:32:14,528 WARN [RemotingRMIClientSocketFactory] JBossRemoting Server Oneway(4)-1 unrecognized invoker locator: InvokerLocator [rmi://xxxxxxx:8070/?registryPort=8071]
      10:32:14,528 WARN [RemotingRMIClientSocketFactory] unable to retrieve socket factory: returning plain socket

It's simple Client connection, here the code :
      myLocator = new InvokerLocator(rmi://xxxxxx:8070/?registryPort=8071);
      Client cl = new Client(myLocator, "Server");
      cl.connect();

I made researches on internet but nothing come out with this message.
      Have somebody an idea where I can search to solve the warning?

• 1. Re: unrecognized invoker locator
          ecatum

l'InvokerLocator doesn't support loopback address.

API InvokerLocator :

NOTE: the hostname will automatically be resolved to the outside IP address of the local machine if localhost or 127.0.0.1 is used as the hostname in the URI. If it cannot be determined or resolved, it will use what was passed.

I replace the loopback address with my hostname
          pouf!!
          Warnings disapear...

Notes :
          - Old version of jboss-remoting support loopback address as URI .
          - Address in the message was an external address.

• 2. Re: unrecognized invoker locator
            ron_sigal

"ecatum" wrote:

l'InvokerLocator doesn't support loopback address.

API InvokerLocator :

Quote:

NOTE: the hostname will automatically be resolved to the outside IP address of the local machine if localhost or 127.0.0.1 is used as the hostname in the URI. If it cannot be determined or resolved, it will use what was passed.

That's an old and misleading note, which I never noticed. In fact, InvokerLocator doesn't have any special treatment for "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", and I've updated the javadoc accordingly (https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBREM-1022).

As for the "unrecognized invoker locator", that's a different story. When the rmi proxy comes over from the server, it brings configuration information which is merged with configuration information on the client when the RMIClientInvoker is created. The "unrecognized invoker locator" occurs, as far as I can tell, when the RMI runtime uses the RemotingRMIClientSocketFactory, for its own purposes, before the RMIClientInvoker has been created. I don't believe your application should be affected at all.