5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2005 1:58 PM by isellakuria

jbpm.war

isellakuria

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy the jbpm.war under src/resources/jbpm.war on the jboss server that is provided with the starter's kit but when i go to http:\\localhost:8080\jbpm it displays an error message:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter execution threw an exception
      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:19)
      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:38)
      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

root cause

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
      java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
      java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
      org.jbpm.webapp.context.Context.getPersistenceContext(Context.java:33)
      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.PersistenceFilter.doFilter(PersistenceFilter.java:22)
      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.ContextFilter.doFilter(ContextFilter.java:19)
      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:38)
      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

The thing is that I want to set up a working environment where I can test different .war archives. I was trying just this little example but it doesn't work, should I change something in the jBoss configuration? Should I use the jBoss provided in the starter's kit or another one?

Thanks,

Igor.

• 1. Re: jbpm.war
          isellakuria

When I try to deploy the same jbpm.war with a JBoss 4.0.2 version it displays the following error messages:

10:48:10,767 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jbpm, warUrl=file:/D:/Dissertation/jboss-4.0.2/jboss-4.0.2/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp61462jbpm-exp.war/
          10:48:11,008 ERROR [[/jbpm]] Error configuring application listener of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
          java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener
          at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1332)
          at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1181)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3617)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4104)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
          at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
          at org.apache.commons.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:503)

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Igor.

• 2. Re: jbpm.war
            kukeltje

Did you create the war file yourself? Seems to be some classes missing. e.g. org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

This means that jsf is not in the classpath. Check that first.

Ronald

• 3. Re: jbpm.war
              isellakuria

Yes, I created the war myseld and I placed the myfaces-1.0.9.jar, myfaces-impl-1.0.9.jar and the myfaces-jsf-api-1.0.9.jar libraries under the WEB-INF/lib folder. Is that ok or should I place them somewhere else?I'm using JBoss 4.0.2, are there any incompatibilities with this version? I'm using Eclipse JBoss IDE as well as the development environment.

Thanks,

Igor.

• 4. Re: jbpm.war
                kukeltje

The starterkit also comes with 4.0.2. Is there a reason to recreate the war? There is an ant task to do al this, which imo includes all needed jars.

• 5. Re: jbpm.war
                  isellakuria

I want to create my own wars cos I want to use mySQL. The reason I want to use mySQL (maybe I'm wrong) is because I see it more proper for my purposes. I'll be using a set of process definitions and their instances. A process instance may be executed during some days (not all at once) so users will be able to restore the process instance from the db in the state it was before. Is this possible with the hypersonic in-memory db? Basically I want the information not to be lost if the server is stopped. Maybe I'm confused with this...

thanks,

Igor.