4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2005 2:15 AM by tolstiy

get original BPEL definition from bpeldefinition

tolstiy

i'm working with jbpm bpel extention a3. i'm trying to find an API to get back from jBPM process's bpel definition(xml) and wsdl definition(xml). i know it can be done via quaries to database, but i'd really like an API solution.

• 1. Re: get original BPEL definition from bpeldefinition
          aguizar

We do not have an API for this yet. I had no plans to develop a BPEL writer, as the object model is lossy - it does not capture details of the XML documents such as formatting, comments and namespace declarations.

May I know why do you need this? I cannot think of a reason not to keep the original process archive.

• 2. Re: get original BPEL definition from bpeldefinition
            tolstiy

i'm developing a BAM system(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbam). and i need on my presentation part of the system show the user on what step of the execution of the process are we currently on. i'm intercepting JBPM system ivents via JBossAOP framework, and as a reason of it have no problem to know on which step of process instance execution are we currently on and what is my input data, but i can't meanwhile to find way to get process flow definition. according to my design i would like to get on each processinstance start a process xml model so i could transform it to SVG and show to end user on portal(the representation on my system). this is needed becouse process might have different versions and i'd like to show to user the updated one or busuness analyst might what to know how did the process flow looked two month ago, and this information i can give him from my database if i have xml definition stored inside it.
            Regards,
            Dmitry.

• 3. Re: get original BPEL definition from bpeldefinition
              aguizar

Interesting! I think that having the option of including the original BPEL and WSDL documents in the file definition is the best solution. The analyst will not lose readability and the implementation is a lot easier :-)
              Please file a JIRA feature request. Note that jBPM BPEL is now a separate project.

• 4. Re: get original BPEL definition from bpeldefinition
                tolstiy

i have created a JIRA feature request. can you include it in your next JBPM BPEL release? when is the next release of JBPM BPEL suposed to be released?
                Regards,
                Dmitry.