1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2005 9:56 AM by kukeltje

User Task Assignment in Designer

sanjeevt

I have a question about the user assignment to particular tasks in a process definition. I have a 3 task process definition. Now while designing the process in the eclipse workshop I would like to select a task node and be able to select from a list of roles/users to assign one or more of them to perform the task.

Can I do that?
      Or should I go into the source version of the processdefinition.xml and manually add the code for swimlane assignments?
      Also instead of using the identity.db.xml can I read the users info from our own user tables in the DB?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: User Task Assignment in Designer
          kukeltje

"sanjeevt" wrote:
          I have a question about the user assignment to particular tasks in a process definition. I have a 3 task process definition. Now while designing the process in the eclipse workshop I would like to select a task node and be able to select from a list of roles/users to assign one or more of them to perform the task.

Can I do that?

No you can't The GPD has no access (yet) to the runtime user/groups/roles
          "sanjeevt" wrote:

Or should I go into the source version of the processdefinition.xml and manually add the code for swimlane assignments?
          In 3.0.4 you have the option of selecting/editing swimlanes, but it stull requires some manual work
          "sanjeevt" wrote:

Also instead of using the identity.db.xml can I read the users info from our own user tables in the DB?

Yes, by creating your own assignmenthandler

Thanks.