12 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2007 2:25 PM by morpheus_jboss

install jbpm

pedrosacosta

JBoss AS 4.0.2
      JBoss Jbpm 3.0.2
      JBoss Portal 2.0

Hi,

I want to install Jboss Portal and Jboss jbpm in the same AS. I can only install jboss portal in a stand-alone AS. I can't install jboss portal in jbpm-starters-kit-3.0.2. I can't install jbpm in a stand-alone AS.

Where can i find a good tutorial, who explain me how install jbpm in a stand-alone AS, or install portal in jbpm-starter-kit?

Thanks,
      Pedro

• 1. Re: install jbpm
          aguizar

Three step tutorial:
          Locate build.xml in the base directory of your jBPM distribution (jbpm/ in the starters kit)
          Find the target build.service.archive. Modify the content of the subelement replace/replacevalue to match your connection properties.
          Rebuild the jBPM service archive by executing this target; jbpm.sar will appear in the build subdirectory
          You can now deploy the service to a standard JBoss AS distribution.

• 2. Re: install jbpm
            amalycky

hey,

sorry but the build.xml I got with the starterskit 3.0.2 in the build.service.archive target has no subelement replace/replacevalue to modify.

are we supposed to add this subelement, and then enter the coinnection properties of what? our AS instance? can you please clarify this point?

thanks

• 3. Re: install jbpm
              katador

Hello,

you must exec: ant -f build.deploy.xml build.service.archive

and this create in build directory the file jbpm.sar

after you can do: ant -f build.deploy.xml deploy.service.archive

:D

good luck!

• 4. Re: install jbpm
                isklar

jboss as 4.0. 3SP1
                jboss portal 2.2.1
                jbpm 3.0.2
                works.....

.... but the jbpm websale example does not work.... :(

shortly i will become depressions ;(

• 5. Re: install jbpm
                  sparx

Hello all,

I need a lot of help. I've happily installed the prepackaged JBoss Portal. I'd like to drop the jbpm.war file from the JBPM starter kit into the deploy directory of JBoss portal and see magic. This does not happen. Does anyone know how I can get these two products to play together? I've also complicated things by running mysql for my portal back-end.

Thanks,

Shannon Sumner

• 6. Re: install jbpm
                    aguizar

Shannon,

Did you try the three steps outlined above? You must deploy the jBPM service (.sar) rather than the web application alone (.war).

• 7. Re: install jbpm
                      bobby_sz

hi,I am totally new to jBPM.I followed the above three steps.I changed the replacevalue element of build.service.archive target because I used oracle database.I builded the jbpm.sar and copied it to the jBoss 4.0.3 default's deploy directory.I also created the tables in oracle.And I copied the jbpm.war to deploy directory.I run the jboss,enter http://localhost:8080/jbpm/.Some exception happened.What's wrong with me?

I used jbpm 3.1,oracle 9i,jboss 4.0.3

javax.servlet.ServletException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
                      javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:109)
                      org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:693)
                      org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:660)
                      org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:46)
                      org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
                      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
                      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:55)
                      org.jbpm.web.JbpmContextFilter.doFilter(JbpmContextFilter.java:83)
                      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:59)
                      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

root cause

javax.faces.FacesException: Can't get definitions factory from context.
                      org.apache.myfaces.context.servlet.ServletExternalContextImpl.dispatch(ServletExternalContextImpl.java:421)
                      org.apache.myfaces.application.jsp.JspViewHandlerImpl.renderView(JspViewHandlerImpl.java:234)
                      org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:300)
                      javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:95)
                      org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:693)
                      org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:660)
                      org.apache.jsp.index_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.index_jsp:46)
                      org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
                      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
                      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.AuthenticationFilter.doFilter(AuthenticationFilter.java:55)
                      org.jbpm.web.JbpmContextFilter.doFilter(JbpmContextFilter.java:83)
                      org.jbpm.webapp.filter.LogFilter.doFilter(LogFilter.java:59)
                      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

• 8. Re: install jbpm
                        antitrust1982

HI all,

I tried to do your solution to deploy JBPM, but when I type the second command line I have and error:

D:\workflow\jbpm\jbpm-starters-kit-3.1\jbpm>ant -f build.deploy.xml deploy.service.archive
                        Buildfile: build.deploy.xml

build.service.archive:

compile.jbpm:

build.jbpm:

compile.identity:

build.identity:

build.service.archive:

deploy.service.archive:
                         [get] Getting: http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName
                        =redeploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=file://D:\workflow\jbpm\jbpm-starters-kit-3.1\jbpm/build/jbpm.sar
                         [get] To: D:\workflow\jbpm\jbpm-starters-kit-3.1\jbpm\build\deployresult.html
                         [get] Error getting http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&metho
                        dName=redeploy&argType=java.net.URL&arg0=file://D:\workflow\jbpm\jbpm-starters-kit-3.1\jbpm/build/jbpm.sar to D:\workflow\jbpm\jbpm-starters
                        -kit-3.1\jbpm\build\deployresult.html

BUILD FAILED
                        D:\workflow\jbpm\jbpm-starters-kit-3.1\jbpm\build.deploy.xml:149: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

I verify that I have my jbpm.sar, It exists in the build folder.
                        Have you any clues for me, because I don't understand how deploy JBPM on my Jboss portal. I must copy my sar file just in the deploy folder? or another files or folder?. Can you help me please.

thank you for your help.

antitrust1982

• 9. Re: install jbpm
                          delonga

At least I am not the only one having issues with getting this beast up and running

• 10. Re: install jbpm
                            koen.aers

Antitrust,

It looks as if there is no server running on localhost:8080...

Regards,
                            Koen

• 11. Re: install jbpm
                              kukeltje

sometime solutions are so simple.........

• 12. Re: install jbpm
                                morpheus_jboss

hi all,

i am totally new to jboss and i need your help. i am also trying to deploy jboss portal and jbpm on a standalone jboss AS. And I don't want to use the starters-kit.

i got the portal running on the latest jboss AS (not the bundled one) without much trouble. but the same with jbpm seems to be very difficult. and i found no where a reference or tutorial for the installation.

I tried the tree-step tutorial in this thread and it seems ok because there was no error msg. when i do
                                ant -f build.deploy.xml deploy.service.archive
                                i received a msg saying build successful.

however with my browser pointing to http://localhost:8080/jbpm i got an HTTP Status 404. can anyone throw some light on the issue?