5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2006 2:19 PM by koen.aers

Delpoying a process archive

ingoott

Hi,

i am totally new to jbpm and have some questions regarding using jbpm together with jboss.

I already managed to set up and run the jboss/jbpm server with the weborder example. It works. Now after i got through the tutorial parts, i created a process of my own and managed to deploy it through the grafical process designer. The Question here i have is, how can i configure the server it is deploying to? I only managed to deploy to localhost, not to an alternative server.
      Next Question is: How do i start the process after it is deployed? There still is the example on the main site localhost:8080/jbpm.

Many thanks in advance and bye,

Ingo

• 1. Re: Delpoying a process archive
          koen.aers

Ingo,

What version are you running? Do you use the starter's kit? Do you model using the GPD?

Regards,
          Koen

• 2. Re: Delpoying a process archive
            ingoott

Hi,

thanks for the reply. I am using the newest (not 3.1) jbpm version. I installed the latest JBoss and deployed the starterskit. I model using GPD. And i finally managed to deploy the process, but i doesn't work correctly:
            1) I took the deploy and build file of the starterskit example and replaced anything suitable to deploy my par archive (as i thought). I also took all its dependencies like jars and jsps.
            2) I deployed the par successfully, but i can only access the old starterskit example process. BUT: the new process is written in the tasklist, but does not have a link to start it

I still don't know how to deploy correctly. In GPD i have a deployment menu item, but the only thing that happens is that it copies the par into the database. What do i have to code that i get the process as nicely run as the websale example?

Many, many thanks in advance.

Bye,

Ingo

• 3. Re: Delpoying a process archive
              koen.aers

I am currently working on a document on process deployment. The new GPD (3.0.8 included in the yesterday released 3.1 starter's kit) already contains a wizard to be able to choose the deployment target. If this is not sufficient you should stick to the deploypar ant task. You'll find an example of this in the build.xml ant script.

Regards,
              Koen

• 4. Re: Delpoying a process archive
                fidalma

Hi all,
                my company is evaluating "Jboss Jbpm" as workflow engine and I think I have a similar problem: I modeled and deplyed successfully my process definition using GPD (Eclipse SDK Ide). Apparently I haven't had errors but in the JbpmWebConsole I see the new process written in the tasklist without a related link necessary to start it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Fidalma,
                Italy

• 5. Re: Delpoying a process archive
                  koen.aers

Fidalma,

In that case you probably did not include a task in the start state of your processdefinition. Adding this will make the link appear.

Regards,
                  Koen