2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2006 3:33 PM by fallow

Migrating jbpm.varmapping from 3.0.1 to 3.1

fallow

Hello,

I am attempting to migrate from 3.0.1 to 3.1. In 3.0.1 we have a custom converter that mapes Long[] to a string representation.

For some reason I cannot get the new 3.1 version to pick up our new converter.

In jbpm.cfg.xml I changed the resource.converter and resource.varmapping to point to the root of the classpath.

jbpm.converter.properties has the extra entry:

L com.quickstream.workflow.jbpm.converter.LongArrayToStringConverter

jbpm.varmapping.xml contains the new entry:

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.StringInstance" />
      </jbpm-type>

However whenever I try to store a Long[] object I get a parsing error in jbpm.varmpaping.xml. The exception is java.lang.reflect.invocationTargetException with the message of "couldn't parse 'list' into a 'org.jbpm.configuration.ListInfo': .... <rest of xml here>

I have checked the XML and it is well-formed. I also copied an existing mapping (byte[]) and changed it slightly while removing my new mapping type. I get the same error. When I remove the new type completely everything works (though my Long[]'s are not converted properly).

I also tried going back to our jbpm.varmapping.properties file and pointing jbpm.cfg.xml at that, but that threw SAXParser errors.

Any thoughts? Do I need to update another property file somewhere?

Thanks,

Fallow

• 1. Re: Migrating jbpm.varmapping from 3.0.1 to 3.1
          fallow

For more reference following is my jbpm.varmapping.xml that contains a second byte[] mapped to a random class letter ([Z) that throws the error:

couldn't parse 'list' into a 'org.jbpm.configuration.ListInfo':

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- java.lang.String -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.StringInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Boolean -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.StringInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Character -->

<jbpm-type>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Long -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.LongInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Byte -->

<jbpm-type>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Short -->

<jbpm-type>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Integer -->

<jbpm-type>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Double -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.DoubleInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.lang.Float -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.DoubleInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.util.Date -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.DateInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- byte[] -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.ByteArrayInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- byte[] -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.ByteArrayInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- java.io.Serializable -->

<jbpm-type>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- hibernatable long id types -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.HibernateLongInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- hibernatable string id types -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.HibernateStringInstance"/>

</jbpm-type>

<!-- hibernatable ejb3 types -->

<jbpm-type>

<variable-instance class="org.jbpm.context.exe.variableinstance.Ejb3Instance"/>

</jbpm-type>

• 2. Re: Migrating jbpm.varmapping from 3.0.1 to 3.1
            fallow

I think I have this figured out. There were two issues...

First the jbpm.converter.properties did not have one of the new entries needed, so when I ported over the old 3.0.1 version it was missing an entry. This caused the "list" element to fail to build properly.

The second issue I had was the class name used in varmappings. It should be [Ljava.lang.Long; not just [L

Fallow