5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2006 5:11 PM by rpochet

Build failed from cvs sources

walterim

I followed the readme.html instructions, but...

install:
      [jbpmschema] using jbpm configuration jbpm/db2.jbpm.cfg.xml

BUILD FAILED
      C:\Projetos\jbpm.3\build\build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

Total time: 52 seconds

Any hints ?

thanks in advance,

• 1. Re: Build failed from cvs sources
          hosierdm

I believe it has been discussed recently on the forums here that the build is currently broken, and they are working on resolving the issues. I don't know what the status of that is or if that is your problem for sure, but it's a good possibility.

• 2. Re: Build failed from cvs sources
            walterim

I didn't find any recent post about this kind of issue. Before trying to build the sources I tried to use the wiki's JbpmReleaseGuideForQA, but it didn,t work too.

• 3. Re: Build failed from cvs sources
              kukeltje

Friday I had no problem building from cvs head. The error above more likely a classpath issue. Could it be that there are older versions of commons logging on your classpath or something like that?

• 4. Re: Build failed from cvs sources
                jpf

I am facing the same problem as WalterIM with the current files from CVS. If I add commons-logging.jar, hibernate3.jar and dom4j.jar (missing classes) to the classpath, I get:

[jbpmschema] INFO: Configuration resource: hibernate.cfg.xml

BUILD FAILED
                C:\jbpm\jbpm.3\jpdl\db\build.xml:38: org.hibernate.HibernateException: hibernate.cfg.xml not found

Is there any status update regarding this issue?

Rgds,
                Patick

• 5. Re: Build failed from cvs sources
                  rpochet

I had the same problem. I removed the 2 jbpm jar files from the ant lib directory and I succeed to build a step further.

I had a problem with the support.xml that could not be found in my ${user.home}/jbpm/repository. In fact, in the build.xml within the folder 'jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.docs\gpd.userguide', there is a reference to ${user.home}, I think it should be "${docbook-support-dir}/docbook-support/support.xml". A step further

Now, I have problem with the designer

[java] rootFiles*_*_*:

[java] jarUp:

[java] jarIng:
                   [java] [zip] Building zip: D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\tmp\eclipse\plugins\org.jbpm.g
                  d.jpdl.ui_3.0.11.jar
                   [java] [delete] Deleting directory D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\tmp\eclipse\plugins\org.j
                  bpm.gd.jpdl.ui_3.0.11

[java] jarUp:

[java] jarIng:
                   [java] [zip] Building zip: D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\tmp\eclipse\plugins\org.jbpm.g
                  d.jpdl.help_3.0.11.jar
                   [java] [delete] Deleting directory D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\tmp\eclipse\plugins\org.j
                  bpm.gd.jpdl.help_3.0.11

[java] BUILD FAILED
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\mainTargets.xml:25: The following error occurred while executing this lin
                  e:
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\mainTargets.xml:90: The following error occurred while executing this lin
                  e:
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\customTargets.xml:11: The following error occurred while executing this l
                  ine:
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\genericTargets.xml:133: The following error occurred while executing this
                   line:
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\assemble.org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature.all.xml:4: The followi
                  ng error occurred while executing this line:
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\customTargets.xml:25: The following error occurred while executing this l
                  ine:
                   [java] D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\assemble.org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature.xml:70: Execute failed
                  : java.io.IOException: CreateProcess: zip -r -q D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace/N.3.0.11-SNAPSHOT/or
                  g.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature-3.0.11-SNAPSHOT.zip eclipse/plugins/org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature.source_3.0.11 error=2

[java] Total time: 1 minute 28 seconds
                   [java] Java Result: 13

move-feature:

BUILD FAILED
                  D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\build\build.xml:42: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\build.xml:46: The following error occurred while executing this line:
                  D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\build.xml:153: Warning: Could not find file D:\eclipse\workspace\jbpm.3\designer\jpdl
                  \org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.build\target\workspace\N.3.0.11-SNAPSHOT\org.jbpm.gd.jpdl.feature-3.0.11-SNAPSHOT.zip to copy.

Indeed, there is nothing inside the 'N.3.0.11-SNAPSHOT' folder.

Regards,

Romuald.