3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2006 2:11 PM by Ronald van Kuijk

    TaskInstance setPooledActors not correct!

    Bela Boda Newbie

      Hi Ronald!

      First of all I'm sorry about our last conversation, but I think you shouldn't post that link to anybody, because you know nothing about why somebody post here anything, and what was worked around before(as that situation).

      Now here's an other problem...

      I've tried to assign "pooled-actors" to a task, but the during the process management it doesn't bound to the actors at call:

      ...
      jbpmContext.getTaskList(actorId)
      ...

      As I was debugging, the TaskInstance gets the assignment, and looks everything fine, but still not appears to assign anything to the actors.
      Assigning simple "actor-id" works fine.
      Is it my fault again?

      Thx!

        • 1. Re: TaskInstance setPooledActors not correct!
          Ronald van Kuijk Master

           

          "bodabela" wrote:
          Hi Ronald!

          First of all I'm sorry about our last conversation, but I think you shouldn't post that link to anybody, because you know nothing about why somebody post here anything, and what was worked around before(as that situation).


          To get things clear on what someone did before, what his environment is etc, etc, etc, is exactely why I post this link each time. It describes some steps on what information to post in a forum when you have a problem.

          Unfortunately, and I do not want to be rude, at all, the way you posted your question is an example alost literary in the document. Please read it completely and read it as a guide, not an offencive document.


          Now here's an other problem...

          I've tried to assign "pooled-actors" to a task, but the during the process management it doesn't bound to the actors at call:
          ...
          jbpmContext.getTaskList(actorId)
          ...

          As I was debugging, the TaskInstance gets the assignment, and looks everything fine, but still not appears to assign anything to the actors.
          Assigning simple "actor-id" works fine.
          Is it my fault again?



          If you look at the api docs you see the getTaskList, but below that a 'getTaskMgmtSession() which states: more task related database access.

          So have a look at that


          • 2. Re: TaskInstance setPooledActors not correct!
            Bela Boda Newbie

            Oks!
            I'm getting closer to your terminology in assignments now.
            Thanks!

            Please be tolarent towards me and my questions because this is the most complex subject I have to work out and I'm not familiar with the terms come up each second as I read stuff about your business process management.

            I still think that the quickest way to get correct information is asking an expert(who has just time) else can come the rest.

            Thanks again, and working on not bothering...

            • 3. Re: TaskInstance setPooledActors not correct!
              Ronald van Kuijk Master

              tolerant is my middle name, and an expert I am, I just don't get paid for it :-)

              The quickest way seems to be asking, but if everybody does that, the days have to be extended to 48 hours and still I'll have no sleep. Trust me, you'll learn most by experimenting and banging your head a few times, but along the way you'll learn things you do not need now but in the future.