3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2006 7:34 AM by nomad

Question about the doc

nomad

Excuse me for my (possibly) stupid question, but I'm confused on how to read the user manual doc. In chapter 16. jpdl xml schema about event (16.4.14) it's written

Name | Type | Multiplicity
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      {action|script|create-timer|cancel-timer}|element | [0..*]

action,script,create-timer,cancel-timer are put inside the same row, is this mean we can only use either one of them ? because the multiplicity states that we can use nothing (0) or as many as we want (*), but is that mean we can combine all the action, script, create-timer and cancel-timer as many as we want ?

Regards,

Martin

• 1. Re: Question about the doc
          hosierdm

Yup, that's what it means. Looks like the Graphical Process Designer allows you to only attach actions, but it lets you attach as many you want. So I'm guessing that means you could (by editing the source) attach as many of the other elements as you desire as well. I've never done it, so I can't help with the behavior, but I assume it handles each one in the order listed. Maybe it handles them all in parallel. Maybe it says elsewhere in the User Guide how that works, but I don't feel like looking it up.

• 2. Re: Question about the doc
            nomad

But if we can combine the usage of all the action, script, create-timer and cancel-timer then why aren't they written into different row (in the doc) ? Check out the doc about task (16.4.24). event, exception-handler, timer, and controller are written inside different row in the doc so to me the doc clearly states that they are all can be used independently of each other.

I dunno, I just think there's a different between :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and

action
            script
            create-timer
            cancel-timer
            element

• 3. Re: Question about the doc
              nomad

ups,sorry I incidentally hit the submit button before I finished typing :)

I mean there gotta be different meaning betwen putting all of them inside 1 row

and putting them into different row like this :

action | element | [0..*]
              script | element | [0..*]
              create-timer | element | [0..*]
              cancel-timer | element | [0..*]
              element | element | [0..*]

aren't there ?

Well, to be honest, I feel like a stupid person asking this kind of question :p I can just test it on my own of course, but I just thought may be someone can just explain to me the difference and save me the trouble :)

Thx and Regards,

Martin