5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2006 9:55 AM by jliptak

jbpmschema fails to build for CVS HEAD

I'm trying to build the HEAD of CVS and it's failing with classpath issues in the jbpmschema task.

Is this a temporary or known problem? If so, I'll ignore it for now otherwise I'll keep looking at my checkout.

[jbpmschema] using jbpm configuration jbpm/db2.jbpm.cfg.xml

BUILD FAILED
      C:\projects\hibernate\jBPM\jbpm.3\build\build.xml:36: The following error occurred while executing this line:
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

• 1. Re: jbpmschema fails to build for CVS HEAD
          newbie007

Hi,

It clearly says that you are missing commons logging jar file in your classpath.Check your build path and try it again after adding required jar.

Thanks.

• 2. Re: jbpmschema fails to build for CVS HEAD

I did that and the classpath passed into the taskdef is correct. It's not being processed by the task as far as I can tell.

• 3. Re: jbpmschema fails to build for CVS HEAD

I edited the build.xml file in jpdl/db to add the following:

<taskdef resource="org/jbpm/ant/jbpm.ant.tasks.properties"
               classpathref="schema.task.classpath" />
               <property name="echocp" refid="schema.task.classpath" />
               <echo message="classpath = ${echocp}" />

This causes the output of the build to be:
              install:
               [echo] classpath = C:\projects\hibernate\jBPM\jbpm.3\jpdl\db\src\main\confi
              g;C:\projects\hibernate\jBPM\jbpm.3\jpdl\jar\src\main\config;C:\Documents and Se
              ttings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\antlr\2.7.6rc1\lib\antlr-2.7.6rc1.jar;C:\Document
              s and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\apache-collections\3.1\lib\commons-collec
              tions.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\apache-fileupload\1.
              0\lib\commons-fileupload.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\a
              pache-log4j\1.2.8\lib\log4j.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repositor
              y\apache-logging\1.0.4\lib\commons-logging.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak
              \jbpm\repository\apache-myfaces\1.1.1\lib\jstl.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jli
              ptak\jbpm\repository\apache-myfaces\1.1.1\lib\myfaces-api.jar;C:\Documents and S
              ettings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\apache-myfaces\1.1.1\lib\myfaces-impl.jar;C:\Doc
              uments and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\asm\1.5.3\lib\asm-attrs.jar;C:\Docum
              ents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\asm\1.5.3\lib\asm.jar;C:\Documents and
               Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\beanshell\1.3.0\lib\bsh.jar;C:\Documents and S
              ettings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\cglib\2.1.3\lib\cglib.jar;C:\Documents and Setti
              ngs\jliptak\jbpm\repository\dom4j\1.6\lib\dom4j.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jl
              iptak\jbpm\repository\dumbster\1.6\lib\dumbster.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jl
              iptak\jbpm\repository\ehcache\1.1\lib\ehcache.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jlip
              tak\jbpm\repository\facelets\1.1.1\lib\jsf-facelets.jar;C:\Documents and Setting
              s\jliptak\jbpm\repository\hibernate\3.1\lib\hibernate3.jar;C:\Documents and Sett
              ings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\hsqldb\1.8.0.2\lib\hsqldb.jar;C:\Documents and Sett
              ings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jackrabbit\1.0\lib\jackrabbit-core-1.0.jar;C:\Docum
              ents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jaxen\1.1beta6\lib\jaxen.jar;C:\Docume
              nts and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jbossas\core-libs\4.0.3.SP1\lib\jboss-c
              ommon.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jbossas\core-libs\4.
              0.3.SP1\lib\jboss-j2ee.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jbo
              ssas\core-libs\4.0.3.SP1\lib\jboss-jmx.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbp
              m\repository\jbossas\core-libs\4.0.3.SP1\lib\jboss-system.jar;C:\Documents and S
              ettings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jcr\1.0\lib\jcr-1.0.jar;C:\Documents and Setting
              s\jliptak\jbpm\repository\junit\3.8.1\lib\junit.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jl
              iptak\jbpm\repository\maven2\ant\ant\1.6.5\ant-1.6.5.jar;C:\Documents and Settin
              gs\jliptak\jbpm\repository\sun-jaf\1.0.2\lib\activation.jar;C:\Documents and Set
              tings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\sun-javamail\1.3.1\lib\mail.jar;C:\Documents and S
              ettings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\sun-servlet\2.4\lib\servlet-api.jar;C:\Documents
               and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jbpm\jpdl\3.2.Alpha1-SNAPSHOT\lib\jbpm-jpd
              l.jar;C:\Documents and Settings\jliptak\jbpm\repository\jbpm\identity\3.2.Alpha1
              -SNAPSHOT\lib\jbpm-identity.jar
              [jbpmschema] using jbpm configuration jbpm/db2.jbpm.cfg.xml

BUILD FAILED
              C:\projects\hibernate\jBPM\jbpm.3\build\build.xml:36: The following error occurr
              ed while executing this line:
              java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/logging/LogFactory

So the classpath sent into the taskdef is just fine containing everything that is needed. I'm using Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on June 2 2005

• 4. Re: jbpmschema fails to build for CVS HEAD
                newbie007

Hi,

Most of your jar files are coming from folder
                "C:\Documents and Settings\..."

May be because of spacing in the directory structure, it is not able to find
                the jar file?

It may sound stupid but try putting all the jars in the directory without space

Thanks.

• 5. Re: jbpmschema fails to build for CVS HEAD

BTW, ant version 1.6.2 does compile the project, but 1.6.5 does not.