2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 9, 2008 4:05 AM by daniel.soneira

Hello:

I have three questions I would like to ask and see if you can help me…
      I’m building a web application using JSF 1.1 and RichFaces 3.1.6 as presentation framework. Regarding JSF 1.1 I’m are using Apache MyFaces 1.1.5 with Tomahawk 1.1.5 .Along with this I’m using Spring and Hibernate in my other layers.
      My questions are:
      In some moments when my application is deployed I get an exception telling me that there are components with the same id, meaning that there are duplicated ids. How can I fix this problem without going page by page and asigning specific ids to each element?
      RichFaces reference says that there is a configuration of filters that makes this more efficient (tidy,neko,none), and I would like that every AJAX request of mine would be processed by neko. How do I configure my pages to do that?
      Note: My application is AJAX-enabled completely, due to the fact that I have only one page to do all operations, and every other page are included in this one using the a4j:include component.
      Another problem I have is that there is a page with a huge form, inside of which I do several AJAX petitions to update several segments of the form. To do this I use regions through the a4j:region component. What happens is that when I’m doing my petitions one by one to complete the data to send I find that in each one of this little requests I’m sending all the values that are already in the form, making my POST request engorged without meaning. What can I do to keep this data from being sent? Or alternatively, sending too much data does not affect my request handling performance?

• 1. Re: Hello:

In some moments when my application is deployed I get an exception telling me that there are components with the same id, meaning that there are duplicated ids. How can I fix this problem without going page by page and asigning specific ids to each element?

It works the other way 'round :) Use IDs only when you need them (point with another element to it). Have you ever seen a duplicate ID error on the RF demo pages? Download the source of the demo and see how the Richfaces guys use their own stuff. For us there were some interesting things to learn.

• 2. Re: Hello:
            daniel.soneira

About which data should be sent: I'm not sure about this, but maybe the attributes "ajaxSingle" and "process" in a4j:support is what you are looking for.