7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2008 4:30 AM by ms_shitole

Where is the process definition file is stored?

When we deploy process definition file from eclipse, we select all xhtml forms, gpd.xml, processdefitnition.xml, processimage.jpg and all src/main/java, src/main/config & src/main/jpdl files. and deploy..

But after deploying, where all these files got stored in server, at which location..please anybody help to find out the location. I will be highly grateful to you

Thanking you,
      --Mansingh

• 1. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?
          kukeltje

They are in the database.

• 2. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?

Thank you Ronald-:)

means it automatically divide the info and insert corresponding data in jbpm_processdefinition table and same in other tables..

--Thanking you
            Mansingh...(Jbpm..gr8 efforts)

• 3. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?
              kukeltje

Processdefinition is parsed and put in other tables. Yet everything in the process archive is also accessible as 'files' including the processdefinition

• 4. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?
                kukeltje

'files' in quotes since they are bytearray's in the database

• 5. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?

Thank you Ronald!

It feels nice to gaining knowledge from u & clarifying doubts. As here we are making very good use of jbpm..almost means our project is progressing well. We made all user mapping as well as added security stuff also-:)

But we have big hurdle on..thats JSF issue...where exactly JavaBeans & Jsf tags are mapped? I read evrywhere that, JSF objects and actual JavaClass is mapped inside "faces-config.xml". But in our case it was not their? Inside 'jbpm-console.war'

As i need to access database from process forms, i need to retrieve "actors-ids" from "taskInstance" table and these actor id's want to be show dynamically in dropdown list on the process form.

So as here in jbpm, how they mapped javaBeans with JSF? So please anybody
                  can explain following tag to me

<gd:repeat value="#{vars}" var="var" idVar="rid">
                  where, in which file they mapped javaBeans file with value="#{vars}" or same for "#{tasks}" objects.

is it in faces-config.xml or else in other file

Jst explain the concept of JSF framework which was used in JBPM engine
                  As I will be remain highly grateful to u.... Roanld, I m requesting u to look at my problem...plz

Thanking you
                  --Mansingh Shitole

• 6. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?
                    kukeltje

But we have big hurdle on..thats JSF issue...where exactly JavaBeans & Jsf tags are mapped? I read evrywhere that, JSF objects and actual JavaClass is mapped inside "faces-config.xml". But in our case it was not their? Inside 'jbpm-console.war'

No, jsf can use variable resolvers in *addition to* faces-config.xml. That is also how seam does things. So the beans are not in the faces-config.xml. Would be a bit unfriendly to need to add every processvariable to faces-config.xml

This does not mean the *everything* is available as a variable in JSF. But afaik, taskinstances are

• 7. Re: Where is the process definition file is stored?

[No, jsf can use variable resolvers in *addition to* faces-config.xml. That is also how seam does things. So the beans are not in the faces-config.xml. Would be a bit unfriendly to need to add every processvariable to faces-config.xml ]

I was not clear about what u said. My problem is that inside JSF forms we use one Object i.e. data access object to retrieve data from the database and show that data in user interface(inside xhtml). SO I was not clear about that, where that objecct & class itself is mapped

Thanking you,
                      --Mansingh