8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2009 1:05 AM by madhaviraut

not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured

1womps1

Hi every body ,i have issues with the installation,i downloaded the
      jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3 and when i launch the start.bat ,i have the following message "not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured",could you please tell me where does it come from,thanks

• 1. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
          kukeltje

no, to little info...

• 2. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
            cshmcfan2

I get the exact same error. It acts like it's starting...then just stops cold. Here's some more of the log message if it'll help:

===============================================================================

JBoss Bootstrap Environment

JBOSS_HOME: C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3\server

JAVA: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_04\bin\java

JAVA_OPTS: -Dprogram.name=run.bat -server -Xms128m -Xmx512m -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000

CLASSPATH: C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_04\lib\tools.jar;C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3\server\bin\run.jar

===============================================================================

12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)...
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Trinity] 4.2.2.GA (build: SVNTag=JBoss_4_2_2_GA date=200710221139)
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Home Dir: C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3\server
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Home URL: file:/C:/jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3/server/
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Patch URL: null
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Server Name: jbpm
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Server Home Dir: C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3\server\server\jbpm
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Server Home URL: file:/C:/jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3/server/server/jbpm/
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Server Log Dir: C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3\server\server\jbpm\log
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Server Temp Dir: C:\jbpm-jpdl-3.2.3\server\server\jbpm\tmp
            12:18:44,077 INFO [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
            12:18:44,576 INFO [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.6.0_04,Sun Microsystems Inc.
            12:18:44,576 INFO [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM 10.0-b19,Sun Microsystems Inc.
            12:18:44,576 INFO [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86
            12:18:45,294 INFO [Server] Core system initialized

.........etc, etc.................
            then here are the last messages before it stops:
            12:19:10,893 INFO [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}
            12:19:10,893 INFO [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Using datasource: java:comp/env/jdbc/JbpmDataSource
            12:19:10,909 INFO [SettingsFactory] RDBMS: HSQL Database Engine, version: 1.8.0
            12:19:10,909 INFO [SettingsFactory] JDBC driver: HSQL Database Engine Driver, version: 1.8.0
            12:19:10,924 INFO [Dialect] Using dialect: org.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
            12:19:10,924 INFO [TransactionFactoryFactory] Using default transaction strategy (direct JDBC transactions)
            12:19:10,940 INFO [TransactionManagerLookupFactory] No TransactionManagerLookup configured (in JTA environment, use of read-write or transactional second-level cache is not recommended)
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Automatic flush during beforeCompletion(): disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Automatic session close at end of transaction: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] JDBC batch size: 15
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] JDBC batch updates for versioned data: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Scrollable result sets: enabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] JDBC3 getGeneratedKeys(): disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Connection release mode: auto
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Default batch fetch size: 1
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Generate SQL with comments: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Order SQL updates by primary key: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Order SQL inserts for batching: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Query translator: org.hibernate.hql.ast.ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
            12:19:10,940 INFO [ASTQueryTranslatorFactory] Using ASTQueryTranslatorFactory
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Query language substitutions: {}
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] JPA-QL strict compliance: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Second-level cache: enabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Query cache: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Cache provider: org.hibernate.cache.HashtableCacheProvider
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Optimize cache for minimal puts: disabled
            12:19:10,940 INFO [SettingsFactory] Structured second-level cache entries: disabled
            12:19:10,971 INFO [SettingsFactory] Statistics: disabled
            12:19:10,971 INFO [SettingsFactory] Deleted entity synthetic identifier rollback: disabled
            12:19:10,971 INFO [SettingsFactory] Default entity-mode: pojo
            12:19:10,971 INFO [SettingsFactory] Named query checking : enabled
            12:19:11,002 INFO [SessionFactoryImpl] building session factory
            12:19:12,111 INFO [SessionFactoryObjectFactory] Not binding factory to JNDI, no JNDI name configured

• 3. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
              dangrindstaff

I am having the same problem with the JNDI binding. I am not familiar enough with JNDI to know how to resolve this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA.

• 4. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
                mputz

I don't see any errors in the log snippet you provided. Moreover, everything looks alright. The 'no JNDI name configured' message is just an INFO message from Hibernate, nothing to worry about.

What happens if you access http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console?

• 5. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
                  dangrindstaff

Hi Martin

Thanks for the reply. The application will run and I can get to the console. The next newbie question is how I get to the designer to go about building a simple workflow application. I cannot seem to evoke a designer from the options in the console. I know eclipse has a plugin that allows one to do these things but I was under the impression that a designer was included with the suite. I will not worry about the JNDI message for now as you said and concentrate on getting the sample app built and running under the suite.

TIA
                  Dan

• 6. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
                    cshmcfan2

Yes, thanks for the reply. Sorry, I guess I had assumed that when the start.bat had completed it would either have delivered a 'successful' message or popped up the admin window or...something! FYI: I can bring up the admin console via windows explorer.

• 7. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
                      kukeltje

designer cannot be started from the console. I suggest you read a little more documentation (also the getting started) and get back with more questions after that.

• 8. Re: not binding factory to jndi,no JNDI name configured
                        madhaviraut

i am facing tiese error while executing run.bat -c jbpm. Can you please help?

Errors:

10:06:21,984 ERROR [JobExecutorThread] exception in job executor thread. waiting
                        640000 milliseconds
                        org.hibernate.HibernateException: Could not find datasource
                        at org.hibernate.connection.DatasourceConnectionProvider.configure(Datas
                        ourceConnectionProvider.java:56)
                        at org.hibernate.connection.ConnectionProviderFactory.newConnectionProvi
                        der(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:124)
                        der(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:56)
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFa
                        ctory.java:414)
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:
                        62)
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2009
                        )
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.jav
                        a:1292)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceServiceFactory.getSessionFactory
                        (DbPersistenceServiceFactory.java:91)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getSessionFactory(DbPers
                        istenceService.java:95)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getSession(DbPersistence
                        Service.java:99)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getJobSession(DbPersiste
                        nceService.java:363)
                        at org.jbpm.JbpmContext.getJobSession(JbpmContext.java:563)
                        at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.acquireJobs(JobExecutorThread
                        .java:112)
                        at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.run(JobExecutorThread.java:58
                        )
                        Caused by: javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exce
                        ption is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: JbpmDS not bound]
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.resolveLink(NamingContext.java:1215)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:758)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:774)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:627)
                        at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)
                        ourceConnectionProvider.java:52)
                        ... 13 more
                        Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: JbpmDS not bound
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:296)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:667)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.resolveLink(NamingContext.java:1209)

... 18 more
                        10:17:02,015 INFO [NamingHelper] JNDI InitialContext properties:{}
                        10:17:02,015 FATAL [DatasourceConnectionProvider] Could not find datasource: jav
                        a:comp/env/jdbc/JbpmDataSource
                        javax.naming.NamingException: Could not dereference object [Root exception is ja
                        vax.naming.NameNotFoundException: JbpmDS not bound]
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.resolveLink(NamingContext.java:1215)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:758)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:774)
                        ourceConnectionProvider.java:52)
                        der(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:124)
                        der(ConnectionProviderFactory.java:56)
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.createConnectionProvider(SettingsFa
                        ctory.java:414)
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:
                        62)
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2009
                        )
                        at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSessionFactory(Configuration.jav
                        a:1292)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceServiceFactory.getSessionFactory
                        (DbPersistenceServiceFactory.java:91)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getSessionFactory(DbPers
                        istenceService.java:95)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getSession(DbPersistence
                        Service.java:99)
                        at org.jbpm.persistence.db.DbPersistenceService.getJobSession(DbPersiste
                        nceService.java:363)
                        at org.jbpm.JbpmContext.getJobSession(JbpmContext.java:563)
                        at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.acquireJobs(JobExecutorThread
                        .java:112)
                        at org.jbpm.job.executor.JobExecutorThread.run(JobExecutorThread.java:58
                        )
                        Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: JbpmDS not bound
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:529)
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getBinding(NamingServer.java:537)
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.getObject(NamingServer.java:543)
                        at org.jnp.server.NamingServer.lookup(NamingServer.java:296)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:667)
                        at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.resolveLink(NamingContext.java:1209)

... 18 more