5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 24, 2008 12:02 AM by the.trav

jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1

the.trav

Ok, so I've gone through the tutorial at: http://www.jboss.org/community/docs/DOC-11089 on getting the console working on websphere, and seem to be running up against a dependancy issue.

Once I've sorted out all the missing was.policy entry problems, I get a "ClassNotFoundException" for javax.el.ELContextListener

Problem with this is that so far as I know this is a part of the Java EE 5 spec and not part of the J2EE 1.4 spec, and is therefore not provided by WAS 6.1

I tried getting around the problem by grabbing the el-api.jar from the server/server/jbpm/lib folder, however that just starts to lead me down more CNFE's involving sun implementation classes, which is usually a hint that I'm trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

So I guess my question is whether it is still possible to run the jBPM war and EAR files on Websphere 6.1 or if the project has moved on, which means I need to use an older version (assuming the client won't upgrade their servers) which begs the question which version.

• 1. Re: jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1
          kukeltje

It should still be possible. The CNFE's are most likely not that you try to put a square peg into a round hole... it's just that the hole is not big enough... see http://www.nzmaths.co.nz/PS/L6/Measurement/SquarePegs.aspx

Meaning: try solving the lib issue and you should befine.

btw, which version are you using?

• 2. Re: jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1
            the.trav

"kukeltje" wrote:
            Meaning: try solving the lib issue and you should befine.

I have tried solving the lib issue by adding dependencies. Are you implying that I should include the entire sun jee5 implementation along with my app? Or that there's something I can remove so that it doesn't depend on ELContextListener?

"kukeltje" wrote:
            btw, which version are you using?

Which version of what? Both jBPM and Websphere versions are stated in the thread title

• 3. Re: jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1
              kukeltje

Which version of what? Both jBPM and Websphere versions are stated in the thread title

hahaha... sorry, missed that...

I have tried solving the lib issue by adding dependencies.
              But you stopped trying that, right?

Are you implying that I should include the entire sun jee5 implementation along with my app?
              No, but jBPM contains some backported classes especially to be able to run JSF 1.2 on J2EE 1.4.

Or that there's something I can remove so that it doesn't depend on ELContextListener?

• 4. Re: jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1
                kukeltje

hmmm... wrong quoting and no preview used... sorry... My last remark was:

Did you use the custom ant task as described in chapter 2 in the formentioned wiki page?

• 5. Re: jBPM 3.2.3 war on Websphere 6.1
                  the.trav

"kukeltje" wrote:

But you stopped trying that, right?

Yes, as mentioned above, when I started to hit sun implementations I figured I'd taken a wrong turn somewhere.

"kukeltje" wrote:

Did you use the custom ant task as described in chapter 2 in the formentioned wiki page?

Yes, however there were a few issues in running it.
                  The targets didn't work due to some sort of proxy issue, I worked around it by pasting the URL's into my browser and saving them to the target/lib folder.

The replace user with admin task ended up creating two admin roles.

I didn't see any errors copying libraries around however I'll give it another shot and look a lot closer.