3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2009 11:18 AM by kukeltje

[jBPM 4 ]JBPMService

gleenders

The JBoss AS installation delivered with jBPM contains a JBoss Service (SAR) which hosts a jBPM Service (which is bound via JNDI). Since I don't want to use JBoss as AS, what are the other options? I assume that I always need some kind of service who hosts a process engine?

Regards,
      Gert

• 1. Re: [jBPM 4 ]JBPMService
          kukeltje

A service yes, but not specifically in a sar. Like you don't have a sar when running unittests from e.g. Eclipse. It's a 'convenience' to be able to deploy the engine once in JBoss and use it from different applications.

• 2. Re: [jBPM 4 ]JBPMService
            gleenders

Ronald

As I dive deeper into the code (and learn more and more about jBPM). This is my conclusion so for (I don't know if this is right so please correct me if I'm wrong). Timers etc are stored as jobs and can be retrieved via the managementService.createJobQuery()...

So far so good, but am I responsible for handling all the jobs myself? So in case of timers: do have to write my own implementation for handling them at the right moment (so and keep constant track of them and fire them at the right moment)? If so is there some 'Best practice' available to do this.

Gert

• 3. Re: [jBPM 4 ]JBPMService
              kukeltje

No, there is a job executor. Look at the testcases on how to start a jobscheduler from java. You can do that in any appserver with e.g. a startup servlet or whatever.