8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 24, 2009 4:52 PM by kukeltje

JBPM 3.3.1 with Role

optixpro

hi i'm just student now i have some question about how to limit access level on jbpm-console (JSF Console) on first install.
      my question is
      1. can i add new role on jbpm? ex. driver,super manager ...
      2. if i want to limit access page or process level i need to create my own business process choreographer(BPC) now i understand the jbbm-console just only example BPC

thank much for any answer bacasue i have to do my senior project rigth now. thank you

• 1. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
          kukeltje

access-control to pages in the jbpm 3 console is just basic jsf/web access control, nothing special

• 2. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
            optixpro

"kukeltje" wrote:
            access-control to pages in the jbpm 3 console is just basic jsf/web access control, nothing special

the mean i have to create my own web console?

• 3. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
              kukeltje

partly, you can probably re-use most, but have to put some things in other directories and change the web.xml etc...

• 4. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
                optixpro

"kukeltje" wrote:
                partly, you can probably re-use most, but have to put some things in other directories and change the web.xml etc...

thank much for the answer ^^ bacause my senior project i have to understand all about jbpm. can you recommend me between jbpm3.3.1 &jbpm4 now i focus to jbpm3.3.1 bacause i afraid about bug and some problem that happen on jbpm4 bacause it new version. thankyou.

• 5. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
                  kukeltje

3.3.1 is *not* the latest. 3.2.6SPx and 4.0GA are.

What is best for you is hard to tell. If you want to study new things like the pvm etc, focus on 4

• 6. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
                    optixpro

"kukeltje" wrote:
                    3.3.1 is *not* the latest. 3.2.6SPx and 4.0GA are.

What is best for you is hard to tell. If you want to study new things like the pvm etc, focus on 4

thanks you so much. let me try to learn about pvm and i will have some question to ask you again ^^
                    thank for help kukeltje.

• 7. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
                      optixpro

why jbpm 3.2.6sp1 don't have gwt-console and don't have about error logging on Jboss 4.2.3 too. is it gwt-console is not stable? or incomplatible? and one more question jbpm4 complat for jboss as 5.0.0 or not thank you.

• 8. Re: JBPM 3.3.1 with Role
                        kukeltje

"optixpro" wrote:
                        why jbpm 3.2.6sp1 don't have gwt-console
                        Time/money/.... it is for jBPM 4. If you want to make it work for jBPM 3, we accept contributions.

"optixpro" wrote:
                        and don't have about error logging on Jboss 4.2.3 too
                        Error logging? what error logging
                        "optixpro" wrote:
                        . is it gwt-console is not stable? or incomplatible?

'incompatible' because noone made it work with 3
                        "optixpro" wrote:
                        and one more question jbpm4 complat for jboss as 5.0.0 or not thank you.

It is compatible (try it)