afaik, there is a jira issue about this same error and it might or not ;-)) even be fixed in the svn
Shame on me that I did not search in JIRA before but I was absolutely convinced it's my fault and not jBPM's one. However, I cannot find anything related in JIRA. Yesterday I removed the cycles in the process definition because I was not sure about them but they should be no problem.
I examined my Tomcat logs and finally found that the decision handlers used in the process definition cannot be found. So maybe the error message is just misleading.
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.wire.WireException: couldn't create object: couldn't load class AuthorityChecker
AuthorityChecker is the implementation for one of my decision nodes in my process definition.
There is an ant script to deploy a process and its classes to JBoss. Right now I am using the ant task to deploy my process to Tomcat. Is there such a place like userlibs on JBoss? Where to put the created jar with the decision handler classes and further ones (like for java nodes).
Since this process definition is preventing me from viewing all available definitions in the webinterface I decided to tidy up and remove the deployements. But neither deleteDeployement() nor deleteDeploymentCascade() does work for my process. The same exception is thrown. Seems very strange to me.
Well, I was sure I'd seen the same error before, but indeed not in the jira, but in the forum:
Obviously, no solution yet, but if with loops you mean recursive subprocesses, then that might indeed be related. If you could make a small unittest that would be great
As far as it turns out to me I can describe my problem as follows:
I used custom decision handlers in my process and I deployed my process. But the jar with the classes I created had not been deployed. This seemed to lead to this situation where you cannot view the process definition list but instead you receive an exception. It turned out to me like this when I created a second process to see if it was my process definition's fault. After putting the jar belonging to the process in Tomcat's lib folder and after restarting Tomcat it worked again. HTH. I'll try to look deeper into this but this week I won't have the time I suppose.
This is a clear description, thanks. If the same is true for 4.1, please just file a jira issue. Solutions come after that.