0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 2, 2005 3:39 PM by dpocock

fmt:formatDate bug with struts bridge?

dpocock

I made a simple jsp that tests the JSTL tag fmt:formatDate:

<jsp:useBean id="now" class="java.util.Date"/>
      <fmt:formatDate value="${now}" pattern="dd/MM/yyyy"/>

When access directly through JBoss and struts, it works. When tested through the JBoss portal, with the struts bridge, it gives this exception:

Error Type java.lang.NullPointerException
      Stacktrace org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.core.Util.getRequestLocales(Util.java:281)
      org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.SetLocaleSupport.findFormattingMatch(SetLocaleSupport.java:404)
      org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.SetLocaleSupport.getFormattingLocale(SetLocaleSupport.java:276)
      org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.common.fmt.FormatDateSupport.doEndTag(FormatDateSupport.java:116)
      org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.admin.test1_jsp._jspx_meth_fmt_formatDate_0(org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.admin.test1_jsp:121)
      org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.admin.test1_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.WEB_002dINF.jsp.admin.test1_jsp:89)
      org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
      org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)

Is there something special I have to do in order to use this JSTL? I believe I have the latest versions of all the relevent JARs.