2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2006 6:53 AM by glodo

Problem with jboss on oracle

glodo

Hello!, I am work with Jboss AS 4.0.3SP1 on oracle9i, i use the jboss portal.
      First, i build the portal 2.0 and just when run succesfully.. appears the version 2.2.
      i try many ways to run the portal 2.2 without success.. i believe that it all the ways.
      First, i want to know if really work the portal 2.2 with oracle. if did.. please i need to know how did..and if didn't still i need to know because i work for that and i lost very time..
      Second, I try from the binaries, and don't show any errors.. but still cannot set the portal, still shows this: http Status 404 -
      type Status report

description The requested resource () is not available.

I try too from the sources, and is the same window...
      I try from the migration database.. and still have the same window..

Is any more configuration that i forget or it need?
      I thing the problem is with the database.. because.. with the hsqldb i have not any problem..
      with postgreSQL i have not any problem too.. is just with oracle that i have problems.

Is more configuration to database oracle?
      Is one message that show and take my attention:
      [ObjectDeployment] Cannot create portal object null because t
      he parent that the deployment descriptor references does not exist

what that means?

One more thing.. when the jboss portal set the database in the first time, it didn't create all the table that it need.. i have to create by my hand through
      one migration of database.. i have to insert all rows that it need... because before to do that show me many errors.. and now don't have aparently any errors
      but still can set the portal..

Please i need your help.. please answer my questions..
      If you don't really know what can be the problem.. please let me know..
      If there is someone that was able to install the oracle portal. Could you please let me know..
      Regards

glodo

• 1. Re: Problem with jboss on oracle

i have the same problem.

i gave up oracle for a while, and test functionnalities with the bundle portal and hsql.

for CMS_XXX table, try to change the data CLOB in varchar, so that way, some tables are create.

btw, i think the problem comes from the hibernate layer and the CLOBs datatype !

many forums explain that Oracle, hibernate and the CLOBs are bad together.

anyway, if you find something, please tell us ! my boss will gonna kill me soon :D

lionel

• 2. Re: Problem with jboss on oracle
            glodo

Hi! I don't have any table with CLOB, but still don't show any errors
            is so rare that i can not run the portal! i believe that the problem is missing something that i can not find yet.. is very rare the WARN that shows... between others:
            WARN [ObjectDeployment] Cannot create portal object null because the parent that the deployment descriptor references does not exist
            WARN [ObjectDeployment] Cannot create portal object null because the parent default that the deployment descriptor references does not exist
            WARN [ObjectDeployment] Cannot create portal object null because the parent default that the deployment descriptor references does not exist
            WARN [ObjectDeployment] Cannot create portal object null because the parent default.default that the deployment descriptor references does not exist
            WARN [ObjectDeployment] Cannot create portal object null because the parent default.CMS Manager that the deployment descriptor references does not exist

And now, i decide work with the portal 2.0.
            and i am in the same situation that you.. :P
            if i find some i will tell you quickly and i hope the same of you..
            regards
            glodo