8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2006 4:11 AM by mr.burns

Newbee: HTTP Status 500 after installation

mr.burns

Hello,

I use a JBoss AS 4.0.3SP1(build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_3_SP1)
      And the Portal 2.2 dowmloads from today.

1. I created a mysql database named jbossportal, user portal, password portalpassword
      2. I deployed the *.sar file and the portal-mysql-ds.xml to the JBoss AS
      3. I copied the mysql-connector...jar to the default/lib directory
      4. I started my JBoss AS

Under the JMX ccnonsole I can see the deployed:
      jboss/portal-core
      jboss/portal

But If I want to access http://JBoss-server:8080/portal
      I get a HTTP status 500:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

java.lang.NullPointerException
      org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.PersistentPortalObjectContainer.getObject(PersistentPortalObjectContainer.java:129)
      org.jboss.portal.core.impl.model.portal.PersistentPortalObjectContainer.getContext(PersistentPortalObjectContainer.java:147)
      sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AttributeDispatcher.invoke(AttributeDispatcher.java:84)
      org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
      org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:72)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanAttributeInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanAttributeInterceptor.java:182)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.PersistenceInterceptor.invoke(PersistenceInterceptor.java:61)
      org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)
      org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.getAttribute(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:343)
      org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.getAttribute(MBeanServerImpl.java:541)
      org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:106)
      $Proxy46.getContext(Unknown Source)
      org.jboss.portal.core.model.portal.DefaultPortalCommandMapper.doMapping(DefaultPortalCommandMapper.java:73)
      sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:118)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:127)
      org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:245)
      org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644)
      org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176)
      $Proxy50.doMapping(Unknown Source)
      org.jboss.portal.core.CoreController.handle(CoreController.java:176)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatcher.java:141)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractInterceptor.java:118)
      org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.java:127)
      org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.java:245)
      org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:644)
      org.jboss.mx.util.JMXInvocationHandler.invoke(JMXInvocationHandler.java:273)
      $Proxy115.handle(Unknown Source)
      org.jboss.portal.server.ServerInvocation.dispatch(ServerInvocation.java:63)
      org.jboss.portal.server.invocation.Invocation.invokeNext(Invocation.java:127)
      org.jboss.portal.core.aspects.server.SubjectAssociationInterceptor.invoke(SubjectAssociationInterceptor.java:35)
      org.jboss.portal.server.ServerInterceptor.invoke(ServerInterceptor.java:25)
      org.jboss.portal.server.invocation.Invocation.invokeNext(Invocation.java:117)
      org.jboss.portal.core.aspects.server.PolicyAssociationInterceptor.invoke(PolicyAssociationInterceptor.java:40)
      org.jboss.portal.server.aspects.server.ContentTypeInterceptor.invoke(ContentTypeInterceptor.java:55)
      org.jboss.portal.core.aspects.server.LocaleInterceptor.invoke(LocaleInterceptor.java:56)
      org.jboss.portal.core.aspects.server.UserInterceptor.invoke(UserInterceptor.java:171)
      org.jboss.portal.server.aspects.server.SessionInvalidatorInterceptor.invoke(SessionInvalidatorInterceptor.java:74)
      org.jboss.portal.core.aspects.server.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:62)
      org.jboss.portal.server.invocation.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:162)
      org.jboss.portal.server.servlet.PortalServlet.doGet(PortalServlet.java:208)
      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
      javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.

Can someone help me please?