3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2007 4:15 PM by claprun

how to re-deploy and clean out portlet configuration and dat

ctassini

Hi all,

I am deploying an instance of jboss forums portlet over jboss portal 2.4.1 (bundled release). If I create an instance of the portlet and put it in a page, modify the forum, and then I destroy the portlet instance and create a new one, I keep the same settings/data, eg. the forum is still the same.

This seems to happen with any other portlet instance.

How can I clean a portlet configuration/data ?

• 1. Re: how to re-deploy and clean out portlet configuration and
          claprun

Once a portlet is deployed in a page, its information is saved to the Portal database. The deployment descriptors are then not used anymore. You can use the admin interface to remove the portlet information from the DB. You can also wipe out the DB (if you can afford to do that). If you're using HSQL, it's as easy as deleting the data directory in your JBoss AS server configuration directory.

• 2. Re: how to re-deploy and clean out portlet configuration and
            ctassini

"chris.laprun@jboss.com" wrote:
            You can use the admin interface to remove the portlet information from the DB.

How can I do that? I've tried to use the red X button next to the instance, and I can't see the instance anymore, but I can't find how to remove the portlet data from the DB.

I've also tried to rm the data directory from the filesystem, but the portal didn't work anymore, even after a restart. I had to restore a backup. Anyway, I would prefer to delete that portlet data only instead of the whole DB, if it is possible

• 3. Re: how to re-deploy and clean out portlet configuration and
              claprun

"ctassini" wrote:
              How can I do that? I've tried to use the red X button next to the instance, and I can't see the instance anymore, but I can't find how to remove the portlet data from the DB.

You also need to remove the associated window.

"ctassini" wrote:
              I've also tried to rm the data directory from the filesystem, but the portal didn't work anymore, even after a restart. I had to restore a backup. Anyway, I would prefer to delete that portlet data only instead of the whole DB, if it is possible

Did you do that while Portal was running? If not, this is not normal and would need to be investigated.