1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 17, 2008 2:42 PM by robert.jboss

Take 2 - What's the relationship between jboss-app.xml and *

nicolasduminil

Greetings,

Here is the topic I posted several days ago and to which I didn't receive any answer. maybe a second time ?

Many thanks in advance,

Greetings,

I'm using JBoss Portal 2.6 to deploy RichFaces Portelts. I used the JBoss Portlet Bridge via the maven's specialized archetype. It generates the required config files and also a Richfaces portlet example. The jboss-app.xml file contains the following line:
      Code:

<app-name>richfacesEchoApp</app-name>

and the *-object.xml file the following:
      Code:

<instance>
      <instance-name>RichFacesEchoPortletInstance</instance-name>
      <component-ref>richfacesEchoApp.RichFacesEchoPortlet</component-ref>

The naming rule seems to be such that a portlet name has to be prefixed by the name defined in the jboss-app.xml file, for namespace reasons. But if I change the name in both jboss-app.xml and *-object.xml to read, let's say, myPortletApp and, respectivelly myPortletApp.RichFacesEchoPortlet, after the deployment the portlet doesn't apear and, looking in the admin page I see that the instance RichFacesEchoPortletInstance is not created. Also, looking in the portlet definition tab, I see that the name of the portlet is not anymore RichfacesEchoPortlet but local.myPortletApp.RichfacesEchoPortlet.
      In short, what happens is that the only way to get things working is to keep intact the name "richfacesEchoApp" in both jboss-app.xmk and *-object.xml. Which wouldn't be a problem for me, unless my boss is asking me one of these days to change the name. Please anybody explain what happens exactly and how things are related together. By the way, the "*" in *-object.xml is supposed to correspond to what exactly ?

Many thanks in advance,