0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 8:54 PM by mars76

Extending Portal Identity

HI All,

I am trying to extend the Portal Identity Module so that I want to store additional infomation when ever the User profile has changed.

As part of that i am trying to modify the JSF Bean EditProfileAction.java and extended it to override the methods validatePassword() and ediProfile().

Now once i copy the new JAR File and restart the JBoss Server i am getting the Error:

[CODE]
      ERROR [javax.enterprise.resource.webcontainer.jsf.managedbean] JSF will be unable to create managed bean editprofilemgr when it is requested. The following problems where found:
      - Bean or property class com.portal.identity.ui.actions.EditProfileActionEx for managed bean editprofilemgr cannot be loaded due to a missing dependency: org/jboss/portal/core/identity/ui/actions/EditProfileAction.
      2009-08-11 18:48:13,782 ERROR [facelets.viewhandler] Error Rendering View[/jsf/index.xhtml]
      com.sun.faces.mgbean.ManagedBeanCreationException: Unable to create managed bean editprofilemgr. The following problems were found:
      - Bean or property class com.portal.identity.ui.actions.EditProfileActionEx for managed bean editprofilemgr cannot be loaded due to a missing dependency: org/jboss/portal/core/identity/ui/actions/EditProfileAction.
      at com.sun.faces.mgbean.BeanManager.create(BeanManager.java:204)
      at com.sun.faces.el.ManagedBeanELResolver.getValue(ManagedBeanELResolver.java:86)
      at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:53)
      at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:72)
      at com.sun.faces.el.ChainAwareVariableResolver.resolveVariable(ChainAwareVariableResolver.java:108)
      at org.jboss.portal.core.identity.ui.faces.PortletVariableResolver.resolveVariable(PortletVariableResolver.java:102)
      at com.sun.faces.el.VariableResolverChainWrapper.getValue(VariableResolverChainWrapper.java:107)
      at javax.el.CompositeELResolver.getValue(CompositeELResolver.java:53)
      at com.sun.faces.el.FacesCompositeELResolver.getValue(FacesCompositeELResolver.java:72)
      at org.apache.el.parser.AstIdentifier.getValue(AstIdentifier.java:45)
      at org.apache.el.parser.AstValue.getValue(AstValue.java:86)
      at org.apache.el.ValueExpressionImpl.getValue(ValueExpressionImpl.java:186)
      at com.sun.facelets.el.TagValueExpression.getValue(TagValueExpression.java:71)
      at javax.faces.component.UIOutput.getValue(UIOutput.java:184)
      [/CODE]

I have changed the faces-config.xml to use the extended class rather than using org/jboss/portal/core/identity/ui/actions/EditProfileAction as listed below:

[CODE]
      <managed-bean>
      <managed-bean-name>editprofilemgr</managed-bean-name>
      <managed-bean-class>com.portal.core.identity.ui.actions.EditProfileActionEx</managed-bean-class>
      <managed-bean-scope>session</managed-bean-scope>
      <managed-property>
      <property-name>identityUserBean</property-name>
      #{identityusermgr}
      </managed-property>
      <managed-property>
      <property-name>validateEmailService</property-name>
      #{applicationScope.ValidateEmailService}
      </managed-property>
      </managed-bean>
      [/CODE]

Thanks