6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2006 1:22 PM by sharono011

JBoss Messaging with Tomcat

mr_aravinth

Hi,

I need to communicate between JBoss & Tomcat using JMS. But the project needs the Tomcat to be the JMS message server (ie. Message sender) and JBoss as the message client (ie. Message receiver). This requires me to configure the "ConnectionFactories" and other stuffs in Tomcat server instead of JBoss.

Could any one help me with this on how to configure JBoss Messaging with Tomcat. All the ConnectionFactories and Destinations should be available in the Tomcat server and not in the JBoss server.

Thank you in advance.

- Aravinth.

• 1. Re: JBoss Messaging with Tomcat
          timfox

I am confused.

The message sender is the jms client, not the jms server.

Can you explain in more detail since I do not really understand what you are trying to do?

• 2. Re: JBoss Messaging with Tomcat
            mr_aravinth

I wanted to configure the ConnectionFactory and the Destination in the Tomcat server so as the JMS provider would be the Tomcat.

The project need is, there may be multiple message subscribers and one message publisher. And the publisher component would be sitting in the Tomcat server. So I need to configure the ConnectionFactory and the Destination in the Tomcat server for which I need to equip the Tomcat server with a JMS provider. And I was wondering if I could use JBoss Messaging with Tomcat.

So far I couldn't find any support in this regard and the JBossMQ is completely gone, as I could find only 1 usefull page thru internet and that even is of no use for me. The JBossMQ Wiki.

Thanx,
            Aravinth.

• 3. Re: JBoss Messaging with Tomcat
              timfox

Sorry, I still don't understand :(

You want to make Tomcat into a jms provider?? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

• 4. Re: JBoss Messaging with Tomcat
                mr_aravinth

Sorry for not making the point clear.

As like ActiveMQ which can be used to equip Tomcat with JMS, I need to used JBoss Messaging to equip Tomcat with JMS. Actually now we have decided to use JBoss instead of Tomcat because of some other reason and the problem is solved in another way. :-)

Thank you for your time. But still if you know how to configure JBoss Messaging in Tomcat let me know so that I can learn.

- Aravinth.

• 5. Re: JBoss Messaging with Tomcat
                  timfox

I still don't really understand what you mean "equip Tomcat with JMS", do you mean you want to do JMS operations from within a jsp or a servlet?

If so, then you can do this like you do from any other program.

Just lookup the ConnectionFactory and Destination objects from JNDI, and do your standard JMS operations on them.

This is just standard JMS and should be no different in Tomcat than any any other piece of code.

• 6. Re: JBoss Messaging with Tomcat
                    sharono011

Timfox,
                    You said:
                    'Just lookup the ConnectionFactory and Destination objects from JNDI, and do your standard JMS operations on them.

This is just standard JMS and should be no different in Tomcat than any any other piece of code.'

Since I am new to jms I have no idea even how to start to do what you say. Could you point me in the right direction.

Thanks