4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2007 9:40 PM by ovidiu.feodorov

JMS client and JBossAS/JBossMessaging in different machine

shandutta

Hi

I am new to JMS and JBoss.
      Is it possible to configure JMS client on one machine communicating with JBoss/JBossMessaging in another machine ?

Pls let me know the configuration required.
      Cheers
      Shantanu

• 1. Re: JMS client and JBossAS/JBossMessaging in different machi
          shandutta

Please re-confirm on the following for JMS client on different machine.

I have installed JBoss & standalone JBoss Messaging on the client machine.
          Started JBoss AS as "standalone-messaging".

In the JNDI properties file under "jbossmessaging\jboss-messaging-1.0.1.GA\examples\queue\etc", I updated the ProviderURL as follows:

java.naming.provider.url=jnp://<JBOSS_Server_IP>:1099

Now, I am able to communicate with the server JBoss installation, with the JMS client on another machine.

Please let me know if this is correct configuration ? Or is there any better means to do the same.
          Thanks
          Shantanu

• 2. Re: JMS client and JBossAS/JBossMessaging in different machi
            peterj

You have the right idea, the only difference in accessing JBoss Messaging on one machine versus on another is the JNDI provider URL - simply change the host name to access a different server.

If you have a standalone client application (that is, one that is not deployed to the application server), then all you really need is the jboss-messaging-client.jar file and the jndi.properties file in your client's classpath. No need to install standalone messaging on the client machine.

• 3. Re: JMS client and JBossAS/JBossMessaging in different machi

I get this to work when there is only one Ip-address on the client.

How do I specify the callback-address (as in 6.6 of doc) when running the samples (when I have two or more addresses)?

I have tried "ant -Djboss.messaging.callback.bind.address=10.1.3.104" with no good response (the message is delivered, but the response is never returned). The IP is of course the client's address, but the client has another address as well, and the server doesn't hav a route to this address, so the server just logs 'no route to host'.

• 4. Re: JMS client and JBossAS/JBossMessaging in different machi
                ovidiu.feodorov

"frodeh" wrote:

I have tried "ant -Djboss.messaging.callback.bind.address=10.1.3.104" with no good response (the message is delivered, but the response is never returned). The IP is of course the client's address, but the client has another address as well, and the server doesn't hav a route to this address, so the server just logs 'no route to host'.

What version are you running? The possibility to configure the binding address was only introduced in 1.0.1.CR5 (http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBMESSAGING-431)