10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2007 11:04 AM by timfox

jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice

Hi all,

I'm using JBoss 4.0.2 and y-day I installed the JBossMessaging.
      I changed the presistent to work with MySQL and configure any xml that needed for this to work.
      After I did restart to my JBossAP I get the following error:

--- MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM ---
      ObjectName: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
       State: FAILED
       Reason: java.sql.SQLException: Column Index out of range, 6 > 5.

Is any one here know what is the problem?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
          genman

I'm guessing that one of the SQL statements you edited (or perhaps from the distro) is wrong. Compare your SQL with the distro default SQL. Count the ? for each statement.

• 2. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
            andrew.love1

Thanks for the information. My mistake, I overlooked the mssql file in the distribution.

• 3. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice

The script of creating the schema succeeded the issue was after the restart.
              when i restart the JBoss I got that error.

• 4. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice

The select statment of the post office missing the field of IS_FAILED_OVER

• 5. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
                  timfox

I assume you're using 1.2?

The mysql config from svn is tested and should work straight off.

• 6. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
                    timfox

Guys- can you tell me what version of messaging you are using?

If you are getting sql exceptions with a config, that implies you are using the wrong config with that particular version. Are you using the config from the distro?

If you are using 1.2, I have recently made big changes to the schema and I am currently going through the process of testing the pm configs for db2, sybase, sql server, mysql and postgresql, so this will all be fully tested and supported for the 1.2 release.

• 7. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice

"timfox" wrote:
                      Guys- can you tell me what version of messaging you are using?

If you are getting sql exceptions with a config, that implies you are using the wrong config with that particular version. Are you using the config from the distro?

If you are using 1.2, I have recently made big changes to the schema and I am currently going through the process of testing the pm configs for db2, sybase, sql server, mysql and postgresql, so this will all be fully tested and supported for the 1.2 release.

Hi Tim,

I'm using jboss-messaging-1.2.0.Beta1 and I d/w it form the JBoss site.
                      I fixed the error I mentioned here by adding the missing field IS_FAILED_OVER and it seems ok, (I guess it will be ok :)).
                      If you need anything else let me know so i'll provide it to u.
                      I walk with the tutorial of messaging by JBoss (User Guide).
                      I'm also using JBoss 4.0.2.

Sasi

• 8. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
                        timfox

Sasi-

I have checked in the beta 1 distro and I can confirm the failed "is_failed_over" *does* exist in the pm configs in that distro.

You can check this yourself, just download it from http://labs.jboss.com/portal/jbossmessaging/downloads

So there should be no need to edit anything, the field is alread there.

Please can you tell me the *exact* change you made?

Thanks.

• 9. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice

Tim,

Below is what I added (in bold).

LOAD_BINDINGS=SELECT NODE_ID, QUEUE_NAME, COND, SELECTOR, CHANNEL_ID, IS_FAILED_OVER FROM JMS_POSTOFFICE WHERE POSTOFFICE_NAME = ?

I add the field IS_FAILED_OVER to this statment. The prefix of this information is <![CDATA[ in the mysql-persistence-service.xml file.

Without this field JBoss fail to load with the exception of 6>5.

Thanks

• 10. Re: jboss.messaging:service=PostOffice
                            timfox

Ok this is an old version - this was corrected in beta 2 some time ago.

Also, bear in mind, that in CR1 the db schema has radically changed.