3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2006 10:01 AM by Gavin King

    MyFaces breaks Seam

    Rene Kalff Newbie

      Inspired by Deniss Parhomenko post/article on integrating Seam with ADF in Tomcat I took on the challange to do some testing in my JBoss 4.0.4 + Seam b2 configuration together with MyFaces + Tomahawk. Unfortunately I managed to spend around 20 hours tracing errors before I got things to work.

      As I would like to share my findings with the Seam community I want to sort out one "strange" error first. I seams that by putting myfaces-api.jar & myfaces-impl.jar in the WEB-INF/lib dir, even without any configuration change ends the fun with Seam without any error. It looks like it prevents any requests passing trough seam.

      I solved the problem by putting the myfaces-api & myfaces-impl in the jboss/server/default/lib/ directory but as I don't think that deserves the beauty contest I hope someone can tell my why it isn't working how it sould be.

      Rene Kalff
      Dasensys
      The Netherlands

        • 1. Re: MyFaces breaks Seam
          Gavin King Master

          Rene, the Seam Issue Tracker demo uses tomahawk, why not just cope the method that is used there?

          • 2. Re: MyFaces breaks Seam
            Rene Kalff Newbie

            Hi Gavin,

            first of all, thank you for the incredible efforts you are making to the j2ee community. Not only by developing Hibernate and Seam but also the time you spend helping people out on this forum.

            Looks like I was making it myself harder then it is. I'm going to start over with a clean JBoss installation and will make a post with a working JBoss (EJB) + Seam + Tomahawk + ADF application.

            One small problem I had building Seam from source. The build script is looking for src/test which, doesn't not exists, and fails. Creating the directory manually solves the problem.

            • 3. Re: MyFaces breaks Seam
              Gavin King Master

              One small problem I had building Seam from source. The build script is looking for src/test which, doesn't not exists, and fails. Creating the directory manually solves the problem.

              yick! that is a bug in the dist, please put it in CVS