11 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2006 3:15 PM by cptnkirk

ADF and Facelets

christian.bauer

Does anyone have a small project that uses Oracle ADF + Facelets, not necessarily with Seam, that works? With the latest releases of ADF, Facelets, and MyFaces 1.x? I've given up on this combination and need help.

If yes, it would be great if you could wrap it up and package it. I promise it will help others, I'm working on an example application.

• 1. Re: ADF and Facelets
          dloiacono

In my post http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=81904 there is Sun Web UI integration.

• 2. Re: ADF and Facelets

Any particular functionality you're looking for? I've done this a few times at work, but can't donate verbatim work code. I'm happy to re-implement something. What are you looking for?

I'm on
            adf-faces-10_1_3_0_4
            facelets-1.1.11
            myfaces-core-1.1.3

I could probably port one of the Seam examples to ADF/Facelets/MyFaces too. Would something smallish like Registration be representative enough?

-Jim

• 3. Re: ADF and Facelets
              christian.bauer

Absolutely, I just need a small working example that I can copy/paste from. I can't even get the combination to work (although I was able to create prototypes several times in the past year). So a Registration with some ADF screens in Facelets would be perfect.

• 4. Re: ADF and Facelets

Ok. I'll work on it this evening PDT (unless someone else wants to beat me to it). Christian, do you have an upload location? I'm wary to use the wiki for temp upload, because I can't delete to clean up. I don't have a lot of web space of my own (I think with all the required libs this example my exceed my jroller limits).

-Jim

• 5. Re: ADF and Facelets
                  christian.bauer

You can send it to me via email directly, just leave out the big *-all.jars. Many thanks

• 6. Re: ADF and Facelets

Done. It should be delivered shortly.

• 7. Re: ADF and Facelets

Christian: How is that example coming?

CptnKirk: Would you you post what you sent Christian on the wiki so I can put some ADF funtionality in my project?

• 8. Re: ADF and Facelets
                        • 9. Re: ADF and Facelets

Thx again. You saved me valuable time. I had ADF working flawlessly in my application in 10 min by following your example.

• 10. Re: ADF and Facelets

I spoke too soon. I get the following error on any pages that have

<h:outputLink value="itemDetails.xhtml" stlye="icons">
                             <f:param name="itemType" value="#{couplingSummary['type'].id}" />
                             <h:graphicImage value="images/buttons/view_details.gif" />
                             </h:outputLink>

I have seen various posts on this problem, but no resolution. I saw Gavin hacked this for s:link

http://jira.jboss.com/jira/browse/JBSEAM-257

My t:jscookMenu also renders, but no longer works due to a javascript error.

Does anyone one have this playing nice with all tomahawk and std jsf components?

java.lang.NullPointerException: charsetName
                             at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.<init>(OutputStreamWriter.java:81)
                             at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:189)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.addParameterToHref(HtmlLinkRendererBase.java:445)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.addChildParametersToHref(HtmlLinkRendererBase.java:383)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.renderOutputLinkStart(HtmlLinkRendererBase.java:399)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlLinkRendererBase.encodeBegin(HtmlLinkRendererBase.java:101)
                             at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeBegin(UIComponentBase.java:512)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.java:433)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChildren(RendererUtils.java:419)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.java:440)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.renderColumnBody(HtmlTableRendererBase.java:336)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.encodeColumnChild(HtmlTableRendererBase.java:305)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.encodeInnerHtml(HtmlTableRendererBase.java:281)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlTableRendererBase.encodeChildren(HtmlTableRendererBase.java:126)
                             at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeChildren(UIComponentBase.java:524)
                             at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(ComponentSupport.java:234)
                             at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(ComponentSupport.java:239)
                             at com.sun.facelets.tag.jsf.ComponentSupport.encodeRecursive(ComponentSupport.java:239)
                             at com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler.renderView(FaceletViewHandler.java:580)
                             at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.application.ViewHandlerImpl.renderView(ViewHandlerImpl.java:157)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.render(LifecycleImpl.java:384)
                             at javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:138)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                             at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._invokeDoFilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:367)
                             at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl._doFilterImpl(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:336)
                             at oracle.adfinternal.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilterImpl.doFilter(AdfFacesFilterImpl.java:196)
                             at oracle.adf.view.faces.webapp.AdfFacesFilter.doFilter(AdfFacesFilter.java:87)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
                             at org.apache.myfaces.webapp.filter.ExtensionsFilter.doFilter(ExtensionsFilter.java:144)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
                             at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamRedirectFilter.doFilter(SeamRedirectFilter.java:30)
                             at pipetracker.web.servlet.HttpServletRequestTimerFilter.doFilter(HttpServletRequestTimerFilter.java:33)
                             at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamExceptionFilter.doFilter(SeamExceptionFilter.java:45)
                             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
                             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:175)
                             at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:524)
                             at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:74)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
                             at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
                             at org.apache.catalina.valves.FastCommonAccessLogValve.invoke(FastCommonAccessLogValve.java:495)
                             at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
                             at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
                             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:869)
                             at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:664)
                             at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
                             at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
                             at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

• 11. Re: ADF and Facelets

Maybe this post will help you with the charset.

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3953491