4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2006 6:48 PM by kasim

conversation timeout

Hi, has anyone had this problem?

My conversations never timeout. Only when my session timeout do my conversations timeout too.

Here is my components.xml, conversation should timeout in 2 minutes, but it took 30 minutes(my session timeout).

<components>

<component name="org.jboss.seam.core.init">
       <property name="myFacesLifecycleBug">@myFacesLifecycleBug@</property>
       <property name="jndiPattern">@jndiPattern@</property>
       </component>

<!-- 120 second conversation timeout -->
       <component name="org.jboss.seam.core.manager">
       <property name="conversationTimeout">120000</property>
       </component>

<component class="org.jboss.seam.core.Jbpm">
       <property name="pageflowDefinitions">newUser.jpdl.xml</property>
       </component>

<component class="org.jboss.seam.core.Ejb"
       installed="@embeddedEjb@"/>

</components>

• 1. Re: conversation timeout
          gavin.king

Conversation timeouts occur during requests. If you aren't making any requests to the server, they won't timeout.

Put a breakpoint in org.jboss.seam.core.Manager.conversationTimeout(ExternalContext externalContext) to see it happen.

• 2. Re: conversation timeout
            kasim

Oh. So you can make it so your invididual request are in a time based manner. So if i want to make sure my server responds in 10 seconds regardless?

at least thats what i am gathering from this part of the doco
            "Allows the conversation timeout to be set per-conversation, and the conversation description and switchable outcome to be set when the application requires workspace management functionality."

?

• 3. Re: conversation timeout

The conversation timeout controls how quickly open conversations expire -- it's the direct equivalent of session timeouts, but for conversations. It has nothing to do with server timeouts, which are specific to the webserver. I imagine for JBoss, it would be somewhere in the tomcat configuration.

• 4. Re: conversation timeout
                kasim

"cja987" wrote:
                The conversation timeout controls how quickly open conversations expire -- it's the direct equivalent of session timeouts, but for conversations. It has nothing to do with server timeouts, which are specific to the webserver. I imagine for JBoss, it would be somewhere in the tomcat configuration.

Ahhh i didnt think i'd be that lucky.

No i was just thinking back to the last project i was on. The users could make requests to us and set a time out. So we had to launch thinks in threads.