0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2006 7:39 PM by stu2

seam-gen head startup issue: ClassCastException: org.jboss.s

stu2

I've been working with seam head (pre beta2). Built the seam jars, then created ran seam-gen "new-project". I've tried a number of variations, and each time I end up with the following exception. I saw someone else on the list had seen this, and thought it'd be worth posting (next person will find the answer via google :-)

Anyway, I've since found James' excellent instructions, and will go through the process again using these - and switch to Seam 1.0.1GA if that doesn't work. But if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong here (newbie error I'm sure) I'm definitely curious.

03:29:14,637 ERROR [PhaseListenerManager] Exception in PhaseListener RESTORE_VIEW(1) afterPhase
      javax.ejb.EJBTransactionRolledbackException: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jboss.seam.intercept.Proxy$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$ba08a277
      at org.jboss.ejb3.tx.Ejb3TxPolicy.handleInCallerTx(Ejb3TxPolicy.java:93)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPolicy.invokeInCallerTx(TxPolicy.java:130)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxInterceptor$Required.invoke(TxInterceptor.java:201)
      at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
      at org.jboss.aspects.tx.TxPropagationInterceptor.invoke(TxPropagationInterceptor.java:76)
      at org.jboss.aop.joinpoint.MethodInvocation.invokeNext(MethodInvocation.java:101)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulInstanceInterceptor.java:83)
      at org.jboss.aspects.security.AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(AuthenticationInterceptor.java:77)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.security.Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.invoke(Ejb3AuthenticationInterceptor.java:131)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.ENCPropagationInterceptor.invoke(ENCPropagationInterceptor.java:47)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.asynchronous.AsynchronousInterceptor.invoke(AsynchronousInterceptor.java:106)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulContainer.localInvoke(StatefulContainer.java:203)
      at org.jboss.ejb3.stateful.StatefulLocalProxy.invoke(StatefulLocalProxy.java:98)
      at $Proxy100.begin(Unknown Source)
      at org.jboss.seam.example.pageflow.SimpleFlow$$FastClassByCGLIB$$9639c07e.invoke()
      at net.sf.cglib.proxy.MethodProxy.invoke(MethodProxy.java:149)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.RootInvocationContext.proceed(RootInvocationContext.java:45)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.ClientSideInterceptor$1.proceed(ClientSideInterceptor.java:68)
      at org.jboss.seam.intercept.SeamInvocationContext.proceed(SeamInvocationContext.java:55)