3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2006 7:57 PM by gavin.king

JBossSeam & Quartz: how?

mmarcom

hi all,
      i have an existing JSF application that uses Spring + Hibernate.
      in my app, i am using Quartz (configured via spring) for scheduling tasks..
      I was wondering to move my application to use JBossSeam (it integrates well with JSF, and i can use EJB3 for persistence), but i am completely clueless on how to integrate quartz with SEam.
      Thing is that at the moment all my beans are configured using Spring (i am using JSF-Spring to make my spring beans avaliable to JSF)...

so, the only choice that i can see is to integrate Seam with Spring....

can anyone give me some pointers on how can i use Quartz with seam?

thanks in advance and regards
      Marco

• 1. Re: JBossSeam & Quartz: how?
          gavin.king

JBoss EJB3 includes a RAR for Quartz (ie a Quartz JCA connector). This lets you treat a Quartz event like a JMS message, and handle it using an EJB3 MDB.

Would this help you?

• 2. Re: JBossSeam & Quartz: how?
            sebasfiorent

"gavin.king@jboss.com" wrote:
            JBoss EJB3 includes a RAR for Quartz (ie a Quartz JCA connector). This lets you treat a Quartz event like a JMS message, and handle it using an EJB3 MDB.Would this help you?

Gavin, I've been looking for an example or something to look how to use the connecto. Do you have an URL?
            Another question. Since Seam is integrated with JBPM, can I create a JBPM schedulled-task?? (I need a task that executes forever with gaps of 10 minutes)

Saludos
            Sebastian

• 3. Re: JBossSeam & Quartz: how?
              gavin.king

Gavin, I've been looking for an example or something to look how to use the connecto. Do you have an URL?

Ask in EJB3 forum.

Another question. Since Seam is integrated with JBPM, can I create a JBPM schedulled-task??

No, not yet. This is slated for 1.2.

(I need a task that executes forever with gaps of 10 minutes)

If thats all you need why not just use a Seam 1.1 asynchronous method?