1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 4, 2007 4:56 PM by norman.richards

Action Classes won't instantiate

chipschoch

Seam 1.1.0GA. I used the seam tool to create an action class. I then added more methods to it. When I attempt to run it i get:

javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component with id _id55:_id59
      org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction(ActionListenerImpl.java:79)
      javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
      javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase(UIViewRoot.java:94)
      javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processApplication(UIViewRoot.java:168)
      org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.invokeApplication(LifecycleImpl.java:343)
      org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute(LifecycleImpl.java:86)
      javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:137)
      org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamRedirectFilter.doFilter(SeamRedirectFilter.java:32)
      org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamExceptionFilter.doFilter(SeamExceptionFilter.java:46)
      org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

I hooked up my debugger to Seam and it throws an exception in Component.instantiateSessionBean(), on Object bean = Naming.getInitialContext().lookup(jndiName) [line 1027]; It throws a naming exception. What's up with this?

Looking at the stack in my debugger it is clear that this method is called as a result of newInstance so why should it expect to have a bean in jndi? Am I missing something? I built the booking example and deployed it and got similiar errors.

I am trying to evaluate Seam to see if it is the right framework for us to standardize on. I like what I read but this kind of problem leaves me wary. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.