2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2007 4:47 AM by jquery

<s:fileUpload> and locale

jquery

Hi,

I have some questions connected with <s:fileUpload>. Is this control sensitive to browser locale or OS locale? Because my Firefox is set on en locale and all labels are displayed in English, but label on s:fileUpload's button is in Polish. Is this expected behaviour?
      And the second question is how to change the style of the s:fileUpload button using styleClass attributte?

Thanks in advance for any hints.
      Best regards,
      jquery

• 1. Re: <s:fileUpload> and locale
          shane.bryzak

I don't know why the button is in Polish, as far as I understand this is controlled by the browser. As for styling the control, here's a guide you can try:

http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/inputfile.html

I haven't tried it myself but it looks pretty comprehensive and well thought out.

• 2. Re: <s:fileUpload> and locale
            jquery

Hi,

and I already know what is going on. This is all because the label on fileUplad button depends on web browser interface language and not on preferred language for dispalying pages. So if you set locale on English but the interface of the browser is Polish the label of the fileUpload button would also be in Polish. And this is not a good message :(
            Thanks for the link concerning styling the control.

Best regards,
            jquery