3 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2007 8:34 AM by fortej

jboss seam 4.2.0.cr2  all seams to fail install examples fai

All seam seems to fail ??!!!!
      I tried the CVS anonymous CVS load (frist time user) even user anonymous seem not to be abe to connect time out i suspect the service is not there at all.

I tried using seam 1.2.ga
      installing seam-book it fails to install (no proper expaining found
      copied all the JAr's to jboss 4.2.0cr2 default .... nothings seemt to help..

is there a way to get an overvieuw of havving the correct ja's on board
      if every product is in need of its propper version nothing can be run anymore.... from the outside this looks like a big mess....

any suggestions ???

• 1. Re: jboss seam 4.2.0.cr2  all seams to fail install examples
          pmuir

Seam 1.2.1.GA runs ootb on JBoss 4.0.5.GA. Seam CVS HEAD runs on JBoss 4.2.0.CR2. There is currently no release of Seam that runs ootb on JBoss AS 4.2 series, so, if you want to use 4.2, you'll need to use CVS, and report bugs as you come across them.

• 2. Re: jboss seam 4.2.0.cr2  all seams to fail install examples
            pmuir

If you are just getting started with Seam I would suggest following the getting started guide (make sure to use the JEMS installer for JBoss AS) and use JBoss AS 4.0.5.GA

• 3. Re: jboss seam 4.2.0.cr2  all seams to fail install examples
              fortej

There is no such thing as a CVS "load".
              If you mean "check out", well it really takes quite a while.

Really:
              1) Do read the docs.
              2) At least when you are starting: Play by the books. Start by modifying an example. Do not change any descriptors. Do not mix-in alternative frameworks.
              If you started to get a grip of everything you can always expand your app in your own way.

BTW:
              Is it so hard to insert single dots and question marks at the correct places - any maybe in general stop writing like an 8-year old in an IM session?