0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 24, 2008 9:42 PM by gsegura

weird navigation error

gsegura

Hello, I've deployed an application in two machines running windows + tomcat 5.5 and/or tomcat 6.0, everything goes ok.

but that same application has this weird navigation problem when deployed in linux + tomcat 5.5 and/or tomcat 6.0:

in login page (which is default page) after entering correct login and password and clicking login button the same login.seam page keeps appearing even though the authentication was successful.

Even more, the welcome message which I inject after successful identification appears when login page is rendered again.
      The logs show no error, only a bunch of debug messages I'm

I don't know why! same code runs ok in those other windows machines :(
      Is there a way to check why the incorrect page is been rendered??

Given that the authentication is successful I wonder maybe that server is filtering some cookie information or something which prevents the session been. How could I check for this condition?

is there a way to dump debug info from navigation logic to see why the login page is re-displayed??

one thing I noted is that in my machine the login form tag includes the session id:

<form id="login" name="login" method="post" action="/eco1/login.seam;jsessionid=7C53A3E06BBFBFC72AA09363038D8644" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

but in linux deployment it doesn't includes jsessionid:
      <form id="login" name="login" method="post" action="/eco1/login.seam" enctype="application/x-www-form-urlencoded">

Actually I see I'm not always hitting the server, the login page redisplays but logs are not actualized. But I didn't noticed before because the "welcome user ___!" keeps varying as I enter different login names.
      (Does this even makes sense???) I swear the message changes.
      This happens with either IE or Firefox, at some point I'm hitting some cache, sometimes not even if I restart the browser the log changes.

please I would really appreciate some insight on this issue, which is probably not related.