4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2007 1:13 PM by mvaldes

updates in the PVM

porcherg

I've just submitted a correction in the XMlUtils: in the "elements" method, a specific "getTagName" method is used , and in the "element" method, the default dom "getTagName"method was used.

This resulted in errors when parsing some BPEL elements with a namespace prefix.

As we tagged the PVM as 0.0.1 for the milestones of Bonita and Orchestra, we cannot backport this patch to this version.

As a result, I tried to use the trunk revision of the PVM for Orchestra, and I noticed some changes:
      - the persistenceService interface has changed (for example "persist" method is now "save"). This is a minor update we can adapt the extension.

- the artifacts in the ivy file has changed. As a result, orchestra complains about missing dependencies.
      The configuration of the artifacts has changed (no more "api" configuration), that's why the compilation failed.
      By looking at the ivy file, I've seen that the artifacts names are now "jbpm-pvm" instead of "pvm". Why were the artifacts renamed ? Can we restore "pvm" ?

regards,
      Guillaume

• 1. Re: updates in the PVM
          tom.baeyens

the ivy configurations have been updated to support the use of the persistence test framework in other modules.

identity has now a minimal setup in which this is done.

furthermore i'm working on getting the database test suite on hudson in as many combinations as i can. that explains the evolution in the ivy files.

as for the jbpm prefix, I needed some prefix as we couldn't go do identity.jar, task.jar, enterprise.jar and so on. that would lead to collisions. i took jbpm as a prefix since that makes more sense then prefix all the other libraries with pvm and rename pvm to pvm-core or something like that.

• 2. Re: updates in the PVM

I will definetly prefer to use pvm (for the core) and pvm-identity, pvm-task... for others.

Otherwise, common modules should not have any reference to products names

regards,
            Miguel Valdes

• 3. Re: updates in the PVM
              tom.baeyens

"porcherg" wrote:
              - the persistenceService interface has changed (for example "persist" method is now "save"). This is a minor update we can adapt the extension.

this is done to avoid confusion that would arise from having a hibernate persistence service method like this:

public void persist(Object object) {
               session.save(object)
              }

if i recall correctly, i have heard from Gavin long time ago that there are some differences between hibernate's save and persist methods. But recently i saw in a stacktrace that save delegates to persist.

if anyone can shed a light on persist versus save on the hibernate session, that would be good.

• 4. Re: updates in the PVM

Tom,

Shall we change so jbpm-pvm by pvm and agree on using pvm as a prefix for other modules ?

Again, not really a good, IMO, to reference products names !

regards,
                Miguel