1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 27, 2006 6:59 PM by estebanschifman

Quickstarts in jbossesb.sar does not work

bernard.tison

Hi,

I'm trying out the quickstarts, with the latest code (checked out on 27/12). In stand-alone mode (using the StandAloneBootstrapper class) the helloworld quickstart runs fine.
      However, when I try to run the quickstart on JBoss App server (using the deployToSar task of the quickstart build file), I get an exception when the EsbListenerControllerFactory tries to instantiate the MessageAwareListener.

This is the stack trace:

2006-12-27 23:13:15,608 ERROR [org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.EsbListenerControllerFactory$EsbListenerControllerImpl] Cannot launch <org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.MessageAwareListener>

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.MessageAwareListener.<init>
      (org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.EsbListenerController, org.jboss.soa.esb.helpers.ConfigTree)
       at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:2678)
       at java.lang.Class.getConstructor(Class.java:1629)
       at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.EsbListenerControllerFactory$EsbListenerControllerImpl.tryToLaunchChildListener(EsbListenerControllerFactory.java:394)
       at org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.EsbListenerControllerFactory$EsbListenerControllerImpl.run(EsbListenerControllerFactory.java:346)
       at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

This is what I think is happening:
      The EsbListenerControllerFactory class tries to instantiate the MessageAwareListener by calling a constructor with arguments (org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.message.EsbListenerController, org.jboss.soa.esb.helpers.ConfigTree). However the MessageAwareListener constructor accepts (org.jboss.soa.esb.listeners.ListenerManager, org.jboss.soa.esb.helpers.ConfigTree). It works in standalone mode, because the StandAloneBootStrapper uses the DefaultListenerManager class to instantiate the MessageAwareListener, and the DefaultListenerManager uses the correct constructor.

Bernard

• 1. Re: Quickstarts in jbossesb.sar does not work
          estebanschifman

Hello Bernard,

Thank you very much for your report. Your diagnostic is correct. We are aware of that problem and it will be solved for GA.
          If you wish to use the latest version from SVN, please keep in mind that (for the time being) you can continue using the standalone version of the quickstarts, and sometime next week the 'sar' packaged quickstarts will be functional.

Cheers. Esteban