5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 16, 2011 8:40 AM by jcamillo

Web service SOAP Over JMS

Hi All,

does JBOSS ESB support SOAP Over JMS? if it does can any one please let me know is there sample available for this.

Thanks and Regards,
      Santhosh Kumar.

• 1. Re: Web service SOAP Over JMS
          marklittle

There's no standard for SOAP over JMS at this time.

• 2. Re: Web service SOAP Over JMS

I did not understand weather JBOSS ESB supports SOAP over JMS or not.

SOAP over JMS seems to be standard, which should be supported by ESB (Ref. ESB-Dave Chappel ).

• 3. Re: Web service SOAP Over JMS
              tfennelly

Well a number of things are possible, depending on what you're trying to do. It is possible to deliver a SOAP message, over JMS, to an ESB endpoint and then have the endpoint:

1. Process the SOAP message to a colocated JBossWS webservice endpoint (i.e. JBossWS container in the same JBoss App/ESB Server) using the SOAPProcessor action.

2. Proxy the SOAP message to an external webservice endpoint using the HttpRouter. Of course, you may need to apply a transform on the SOAP payload before and after the external invocation.

Bottom line is... you can deliver a SOAP payload to an ESB endpoint over any of the supported transports (including JMS). After that, there are a number of ootb options, as well as the option to dev your own custom actions where the ootb solutions don't quite fit.

• 4. Re: Web service SOAP Over JMS

Hi Mark and Tom,

I am Sorry for the late reply, Thank you very much.

Thanks and Regards,
                Santhosh Kumar.

• 5. Re: Web service SOAP Over JMS
                  jcamillo