5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 10, 2007 12:23 PM by Mark Little

    OASIS WS-TX v1.1

    Brice Ruth Novice

      Does anyone know the difference(s) between the WS-TX standards (WS-C/AT/BA) developed by IBM et al (v1.0) and the "new" OASIS v1.1 standards? Are they significant? If so, are there plans to incorporate these into XTS? If so, what's the roadmap/timeline for this?

      Thanks!
      Brice

        • 1. Re: OASIS WS-TX v1.1
          Jonathan Halliday Master

          We already have a 1.1 implementation, but getting it to work alongside the 1.0 version is tricky. We have yet to decide if the next release will attempt to support both versions or will move exclusively to 1.1. We'll be looking at this in more depth once JBossWS 2.1 is available in August.

          • 2. Re: OASIS WS-TX v1.1
            Brice Ruth Novice

             

            "jhalliday" wrote:
            We already have a 1.1 implementation, but getting it to work alongside the 1.0 version is tricky. We have yet to decide if the next release will attempt to support both versions or will move exclusively to 1.1. We'll be looking at this in more depth once JBossWS 2.1 is available in August.


            Sounds good, thanks. Could you briefly summarize the salient differences? Or are they just little nits (that make it hard to stay compatible, of course).

            • 3. Re: OASIS WS-TX v1.1
              Mark Little Master

              We spent 18 months moving from 1.0 to 1.1. Check out the public OASIS mailing lists and docs. The changes aren't "nits" ;-)

              • 4. Re: OASIS WS-TX v1.1
                Brice Ruth Novice

                 

                "mark.little@jboss.com" wrote:
                We spent 18 months moving from 1.0 to 1.1. Check out the public OASIS mailing lists and docs. The changes aren't "nits" ;-)


                Sorry, Mark - didn't mean to disparage the effort. I'm just trying to get a handle on what impact the 1.1 stuff might have on our effort to get end-to-end transactions working.

                • 5. Re: OASIS WS-TX v1.1
                  Mark Little Master

                   

                  "ruthbd" wrote:
                  "mark.little@jboss.com" wrote:
                  We spent 18 months moving from 1.0 to 1.1. Check out the public OASIS mailing lists and docs. The changes aren't "nits" ;-)


                  Sorry, Mark - didn't mean to disparage the effort. I'm just trying to get a handle on what impact the 1.1 stuff might have on our effort to get end-to-end transactions working.


                  It shouldn't have any impact on e2e tx. It just means that 1.0 and 1.1 are not interoperable directly.