3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2007 3:50 PM by marklittle

Registering Datasources in the TransactionalDriver without u

breako

Hi,
      Is it possible to register Datasources in the TransactionalDriver without using JNDI?
      I see there is a dynamic class mechanism but this method is no longer recommended>?

I tried:

Properties props = new Properties();
      props.setProperty(TransactionalDriver.userName, "user");
      props.setProperty(TransactionalDriver.password, "password");

TransactionalDriver arjunaDriver = new TransactionalDriver();
      Connection conn = arjunaDriver.connect("jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxxx:yyy:ora10g",
       props);

But conn ( the connection reference) ends up being null.

I have also tried

Connection conn = arjunaDriver.connect("jdbc:arjuna:jdbc:oracle:thin:@xxxx:yyy:ora10g",
       props);

But that gives...

java.sql.SQLException: [com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.jndierror] Could not resolve JNDI XADataSource
       at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.IndirectRecoverableConnection.createDataSource(IndirectRecoverableConnection.java:428)
       at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.IndirectRecoverableConnection.<init>(IndirectRecoverableConnection.java:133)
       at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.ConnectionImple.<init>(ConnectionImple.java:100)

• 1. Re: Registering Datasources in the TransactionalDriver witho
          marklittle

The dynamic approach is still there but not recommended simply because it relies on specific versions of drivers. You could leverage it again and update the code yourself if necessary.

• 2. Re: Registering Datasources in the TransactionalDriver witho
            breako

"mark.little@jboss.com" wrote:
            The dynamic approach is still there but not recommended simply because it relies on specific versions of drivers. You could leverage it again and update the code yourself if necessary.

Thanks. Any chance of more info please?

According to the programmers guide pg 31 using dynamic drivers not recommended.

Also, in this posts you do not recommend using it:

http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=96210
            http://www.jboss.com/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=88103

Note - in this thread it says that support for Oracle 8 has been removed. So I can't see any other way for doing it for Oracle other than JNDI.

I am using Oracle 10, is there any other way of doing it for Oracle 10?

Note when I try using the JBoss App Server, by doing:

props.setProperty(TransactionalDriver.dynamicClass, "com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.drivers.oracle_8_1_6");

- I get

java.sql.SQLException: java.sql.SQLException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.drivers.sequelink_5_0
             at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.DirectRecoverableConnection.getConnection(DirectRecoverableConnection.java:311)
             at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.ConnectionImple.getConnection(ConnectionImple.java:584)
             at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.ConnectionImple.registerDatabase(ConnectionImple.java:668)
             at com.arjuna.ats.internal.jdbc.ConnectionImple.createStatement(ConnectionImple.java:161)

Regards

• 3. Re: Registering Datasources in the TransactionalDriver witho
              marklittle

Take a look at the existing dynamic-related code and use that as a template.