4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2008 10:36 AM by gllambi

WS-BA Framework vs JBoss TS

gllambi

Hi, maybe this is a very basic question, but I'm a bit new with JBoss' WS-BA support. What's the relationship between WS-BA Framework and JBoss TS' WS-BA?

Thanks
      Guzman

• 1. Re: WS-BA Framework vs JBoss TS
          marklittle
          • 2. Re: WS-BA Framework vs JBoss TS
            gllambi

"mark.little@jboss.com" wrote:
            I take it you've read http://www.jboss.org/jbosstm/baframework/

I read it again and now understood, thanks!

So if I have to choose between BAFramework and JBoss TS, you recommend me the first one? Seeing the documentation seems easier with BAFramework and more transparent than JBoss TS.

Thanks

• 3. Re: WS-BA Framework vs JBoss TS
              adinn

So if I have to choose between BAFramework and JBoss TS, you recommend me the first one? Seeing the documentation seems easier with BAFramework and more transparent than JBoss TS.

The BA Framework was written by a Masters student working for JBoss. It is designed to make it easier to use Business Agreement Transactions. There is nothing in the _definition_ of the framework which ties it to JBossTS/XTS but the _implementation_ we provide relies upon the JBoss XTS APIs which in turn rely on JBossTS. So, any program using it needs to be deployed with both JBossTS and the JBoss XTS.

So, the answer is, you should use both.

By the way, the current implementation of the BA Framework was based on the version of JBossTS/XTS included in JBossAS 4.3.*. It relies upon implementations of the 1.0 WS-C, WS-TX and WS-BA standards. The new JBossAS 5.0.CR0/1 includes both the old 1.0 XTS and a new implementation based on the 1.1 standards. The BA Framework implementation needs a few small tweaks to make it to work with the new 1.1 implementation (it needs to include API classes from the 1.1 packages). It should still work with AS 5.0 using XTS 1.0. If you try it with AS 5.0 let us know what happens.

• 4. Re: WS-BA Framework vs JBoss TS
                gllambi

Ok! thank you very much for the info

Regards
                Guzmán