1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 19, 2010 4:01 AM by adinn

Can XTS client run out Jboss application server?

In the XTS demo, the client application get UserTransaction as below way:

UserTransaction ut = UserTransactionFactory.userTransaction();

and the client is a servlet. If I run the code in a standalone application out of Jboss app server, there will no UserTransaction returned from  UserTransactionFactory.userTransaction().

I saw the source code of this scrap, I guess UserTransactionFactory.userTransaction() only works well in the runtime envrioment of Jboss app server, such as in servlet or EJB.

Is that right?

"The only drawback  is  that   (currently)  clients must reside within a domain capable of hosting servlets, i.e., an application server."

Abvoe is from XTS ProgrammersGuide.pdf, does this sentence mean client only can in application server?

• 1. Re: Can XTS client run out Jboss application server?
          adinn

quqtalk wrote:

"The only drawback  is  that   (currently)  clients must reside within a domain capable of hosting servlets, i.e., an application server."

Abvoe is from XTS ProgrammersGuide.pdf, does this sentence mean client only can in application server?

Yes, if your  client wants to use the JBoss XTS client API then it needs to be running in a JBoss application server.  We do not support clients running outside JBoss AS at the moment. It is possible that we may provide for this in the future (for example, using the CXF client libraries to provide RPC-style JaxWS exchanges) but it is not part of our plans at present.