3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2010 10:35 AM by jbalunas

New skins set - do we need it or not?

A long time ago we made several skins for demonstration a skinability futures. Now we have 9 skins. It's old skins. May be it's time to cut of skins number and  a little bit refresh a palette?
        • 1. Re: New skins set - do we need it or not?
          jbalunas

I think revamping the skin set would be good.  Some look like they are old, and there are new styles out in the world that look better.

The question will really come down to time and effort though - just because we are attempting to get A2 asap.

There are some like bluesky that I do like, and others like ruby and deepmarine that do not bring anything special to the feature.

What were your thought, and how much time do you think it would take?

If we cut down the total # of skins for A2 would that make a difference?  i.e if we have default, bluesky, and a couple of new ones?

• 2. Re: New skins set - do we need it or not?
            In my opinion 5 skins will be enough: default, a bit changed BlueSky and another 3 - light, middle and dark

I propose to make this work in 2 iterations: first - I'll prepare a images with skins drafts, second - after a discussion of draft  I'll make skins. I think that I can spend for this work 12-16 hours
            • 3. Re: New skins set - do we need it or not?
              jbalunas

This sounds good to me as well.

We'll have instructions for creating more, plus this is also the first version of 4.0.0.  We can add more to future releases like 4.0.1, or 4.1.0.

Looking forward to seeing the prototypes :-)

btw - we will still have "none" be a valid skin - correct?